An Old School Catholic Message Board

Another New Postulant!

Sr Mary Catharine OP

I'm not sure what the problem is as I went to the blog and was able to see all the pictures. Perhaps clearing your cache and trying again? Are you using Chrome? I know that sometimes with Chrome there are problems with viewing blog posts. It has to do with Wordpress and Chrome not having the most congenial relationship!

I tried in both Chrome and Explorer - neither worked.

Congratulations!

(It does say that the images failed to load, though... ?)

The pictures also failed to load for me.

But congratulation to Sr Maria!

Do you know know if the pictures are going to work again? I keep getting an error that says all of the images have failed to load. The next line is This is most likely a TimThumb permissions error.

I'm not sure what the problem is as I went to the blog and was able to see all the pictures. Perhaps clearing your cache and trying again? Are you using Chrome? I know that sometimes with Chrome there are problems with viewing blog posts. It has to do with Wordpress and Chrome not having the most congenial relationship!

I tried in both Chrome and Explorer - neither worked.

Hi, Sr. Mary Catharine - congrats to both Sr. Emily and Sr. Maria!  I second what KrissyLou said - we pray for them to perservere in growing closer to God - and God willing, that it be with you!

I am also getting the no-load pictures problem in both Chrome and IE, and the odd references to to a 'tom thumb' problem.  A friend of mine has also tried and had the same experience.  It may be you are not getting it because it is loaded correctly in your cache?  

Is ANYONE able to open those pictures?  I am sure Sr. Mary Catharine would appreciate knowing.

Below is the full text of what shows up -- I have removed the hot links (and replaced them with italics) that would take you to the sites they reference -- I wouldn't open them, myself.  But maybe someone here on Phatmass can help you know what to do?  Or just re-load the pictures again and see if that solves the problem?  (Just what you need, 2 bluebirds AND a misbehaving blog!)

This is what is loading in place of your pictures:

This is most likely a TimThumb permissions error.

Go to the Justified Image Grid settings, TimThumb & CDN tab. Click check permissions then click 0755 or 0777 to see if that works (or do it manually via FTP, on the files and folders it lists there in case chmod fails). You can disable TimThumb with the 'Use TimThumb' setting and the option 'No'.

Also read the troubleshooting guide in the documentation on what else to do, especially if you are using Hostigator

If you are using a Better WP Security plug-in go to the Better WP Security settings, System Tweaks, fiddler Suspicious Query Strings: Disable

Tip: Install the official WP plugin 'Jetpack' by Automattic and enable 'Photon'. Jetpack enables you to connect your blog to a WordPress.com account to use the powerful features normally only available to WordPress.com users. It's an excellent TimThumb alternative and will make your images load faster. Note that you won't be able to use special effects due to cross-domain security limitations. Read more at: jetpackDOTme

Edited by AnneLine

Not only can I not see the pics (using firefox)  I dont even see that post now.  The most recent post that shows up for me is the 90th birthday one 

IgnatiusofLoyola

Not only can I not see the pics (using firefox)  I dont even see that post now.  The most recent post that shows up for me is the 90th birthday one 

To the left of the screen, right above and right below the most current posts is an arrow that says "Older Posts." Try clicking on that.

For what it's worth, I see the picture of the new postulant, but no indication that there are any other pictures.

Click on the blog link in the upper right corner under "News & Media" (even though you are already in the blog). The full blog will load and all the photos can be seen.