An Old School Catholic Message Board

A Community Of Continuity: Five Days At St. Albert’s Dominican Prior

Dominican Nuns Menlo Park

http://www.catholicworldreport.com/Blog/3494/a_community_of_continuity_five_days_at_st_alberts_dominican_priory.aspx

Sharing with you an inspirational story about our Dominican friars of the Western Dominican Province in Catholic World Report!. 

Will you consider joining the mission of Preaching the Truth of the Catholic Faith?

Omigosh, those friars are celebrating a TLM! I think last I spoke with you, sister, you said that your monastery also has an occasional TLM. What is the status of that now?

Omigosh, those friars are celebrating a Traditional Latin Mass! I think last I spoke with you, sister, you said that your monastery also has an occasional Traditional Latin Mass. What is the status of that now?

Actually, Traditional Dominican Mass! (Although I'm not actually for-sure-for-sure.  They may just be celebrating the Domincan Rite ad orientem).

Omigosh, those friars are celebrating a Traditional Latin Mass! I think last I spoke with you, sister, you said that your monastery also has an occasional Traditional Latin Mass. What is the status of that now?

Yes, the friars often celebrate the Dominican Rite Mass at the Priory.  Our sisters in the past made a Gothic Altar Card for them for the Mass with all the Dominican male saints and one for us with all the Dominican female saints which we still have.  You can go here to see more: http://dominican-liturgy.blogspot.com/2008/11/dominican-missa-cantata-of-st-albert.html

Rev. Brother Gabriel Mosher O.P. is one of the friars who could do the Dominican Rite Mass.  He will be coming to teach our Novitiate Sisters the class on the Liturgy which includes the Dominican Rite.  We're not sure at this point but it is a possibility that we may have the Dominican Rite Mass at the monastery, but probably not very frequent.  Pray for that intention!  The Dominicans have rich and beautiful traditions which the young sisters are now learning, discovering and recovering those beautiful traditions!