An Old School Catholic Message Board

Resolved Yet Unresolved

TheLordsSouljah

TheLordsSouljah

So, I know it's been a while since I've been on here, third year uni dramas and what not.

ANYWAY.

So like this time last year I was all freakin out and what not about my life and where God was gonna send me.

I felt like my days were numbered in the world and all that jazz. 

HOWEVER

Thank GOD the grace out of the month with the sisters was that I'm now at PEACE just being in the here and now and loving and living life!

I never realized what an incredibly precious gift it is to have this peace in the unfaltering knowledge that God has got you in everything and there is no need to worry about the future!

Wow.

so GUYS! Everyone! Phanbam! LIVE THE NOW! DON't freak out about the future. That's what I've learned. DON'T think your future is all set in stone and what not. Cause the vast majority of the time it doesn't work out the way you think it will hehe. I never would have thought I'd be doing NET ministries next year, I used to be all like nah what the heck no way never. Gonna join the NUNNERY!! Haha but God had other plans and got me pretty close with a guy and all a few months ago. If I'm meant to get married, He'll send the right dude! If I'm meant to join sisters, then I'd better get to work on myself and it will totes happen too!

Thanks all for listening to my rants over the years. :)

God bless amazing peeps!  :proud:

Oremus Pro Invicem

I always have the temptation to be anxious about the future. My mind gets flooded with "what ifs" to the point where I can hardly focus on anything else. I pray for the grace to be able to calm down and to be able to just give my day to God. I've also found that meditating on the four last things (death, judgment, heaven and hell) has really helped calm me down. There is no point in obsessing about the future since I could die tonight. All I need to worry about is today and this makes my cross lighter. Now I know why Christ said his yoke is sweet and his burden light. The burden I impose on myself is so much heavier than the one which Christ has and which is grounded in reality. God is incredibly good. He knows what I need and He takes care of me. He gives me my daily bread and I have the opportunity to give God the one thing He doesn't have, and that is my will. In the end each day is not only a gift for me but one for Him too!

Spem in alium

So, I know it's been a while since I've been on here, third year uni dramas and what not.

ANYWAY.

So like this time last year I was all freakin out and what not about my life and where God was gonna send me.

I felt like my days were numbered in the world and all that jazz. 

HOWEVER

Thank GOD the grace out of the month with the sisters was that I'm now at PEACE just being in the here and now and loving and living life!

I never realized what an incredibly precious gift it is to have this peace in the unfaltering knowledge that God has got you in everything and there is no need to worry about the future!

Wow.

so GUYS! Everyone! Phanbam! LIVE THE NOW! DON't freak out about the future. That's what I've learned. DON'T think your future is all set in stone and what not. Cause the vast majority of the time it doesn't work out the way you think it will hehe. I never would have thought I'd be doing NET ministries next year, I used to be all like nah what the heck no way never. Gonna join the NUNNERY!! Haha but God had other plans and got me pretty close with a guy and all a few months ago. If I'm meant to get married, He'll send the right dude! If I'm meant to join sisters, then I'd better get to work on myself and it will totes happen too!

Thanks all for listening to my rants over the years. :)

God bless amazing peeps!  :proud:

I love you. So happy you're doing such incredible things next year and journeying deeper with the Lord. How amazing! Trust in Him with all your heart. You're always in my prayers!  :heart:  

TheLordsSouljah

I always have the temptation to be anxious about the future. My mind gets flooded with "what ifs" to the point where I can hardly focus on anything else. I pray for the grace to be able to calm down and to be able to just give my day to God. I've also found that meditating on the four last things (death, judgment, heaven and hell) has really helped calm me down. There is no point in obsessing about the future since I could die tonight. All I need to worry about is today and this makes my cross lighter. Now I know why Christ said his yoke is sweet and his burden light. The burden I impose on myself is so much heavier than the one which Christ has and which is grounded in reality. God is incredibly good. He knows what I need and He takes care of me. He gives me my daily bread and I have the opportunity to give God the one thing He doesn't have, and that is my will. In the end each day is not only a gift for me but one for Him too!

Ahh wow OPI I was in the same boat last year! Know how you feel! I kinda just got to this stage where I realized today only comes once and I don't want to live to regret it. We spent every day as a kid wishing we were grown up and every day as an adult wishing we were young again. I don't want to regret not having spent my time properly, so I really just want to enjoy every moment for what it offers. Don't freak out about the future, don't fall for the idea that it will all be good once I'm married/in a convent/ separate/get a boyfriend/ break up etc. love the now. LOVE THE NOW! It's only here once, let God take care of the rest. :)

If you are meant to go to a convent, God will let you know exactly when and will only reveal it at EXACTLY the right time, and not before. You don't want the surprise to be ruined, no? Same for marriage. If I knew I was going to NET next year three years ago, I'd probably laugh in your face, then accept it, and then never would have gone to the convent last January. Stuff happens for a reason. If you're waiting for a dude, then have the peace that they are trying their best to be their best for you while you still don't know each other, and just try to be the best person you can. The more you focus on your own qualities the faster he will come haha! :) God bless ya

Edit: sorry I somehow just assumed you are a woman, forgive me if this is not the case, you know what I mean :)

Edited by TheLordsSouljah

TheLordsSouljah

I love you. So happy you're doing such incredible things next year and journeying deeper with the Lord. How amazing! Trust in Him with all your heart. You're always in my prayers!  :heart:  

Girl, you inspire me so much to just live life and enjoy it. I hope God gives you every blessing honey :) xoxo