An Old School Catholic Message Board

Called To The Collar With Lisa Ling

Chiquitunga

Everyone probably remembers about the shows on the DSMME and a few other communities like the Terre Haute Carmel. Now she's talking to priests. Actually this seems respectful. Hopefully it won't be bad, http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2014/11/14/exp-erin-intv-this-is-life-lisa-ling-priesthood.cnn.html  I didn't know she's working for CNN now, by the way.

Here they are saying she continually brings up the sandals, though that's not surprising, http://www.catholicreview.org/blogs/god-is-in-the-clouds/2014/11/14/my-perspective-called-to-the-collar-with-cnn-s-lisa-ling  

https://www.facebook.com/Ling/photos/pb.10496498322.-2207520000.1416079338./10152620516893323/?type=1&theater

I find it really laughable though that the one reporter says, you've found young men who have chosen to accept that calling. LOL, they're all over the place!! It's not that hard to find articles out there on the rising numbers in seminaries these days, although yes, it is much less than like in the 1950s. But it's not like really rare. If you do a quick search on youtube, it's easy to find as well. I guess a lot of people in our culture are still ignorant is this. I feel like every other young man I know is a priest or in the seminary, lol! But that's me :hehe:

First question: Sex. "Obviously that's a big reason men aren't joining."

Really?

"Oh, sure, that's why Pope Francis is all about letting priests marry."

Gag. It looks like more typical secular-atheist-sex-obsessed ignorance of the Church.

You're right. It's true. Same thing happened in the DSMME Oprah shows as well.

Unless someone knows about supernatural grace/the God who is Love, especially in the Eucharist, they're not going to understand it. It's as simple as that. We're probably the poorest mission country in the world according to Mother Teresa.

That being said, I only watched the interview with Lisa Ling, and it wasn't Lisa Ling who was at fault there. It was her interviewer. So last night, I went to bed feeling a little bad about how harsh my post was. I saw a clip of Lisa Ling at Terre Haute, and she looked to be very respectful.

So maybe Lisa Ling is ok. (Even though the media stink!)

I hope so, anyway!

I like what Lisa Ling said to the question on giving up sex. That seeing the comfort that these priests give to those who are in need might be better than sex. She thought it was amazing to see.

That being said, I only watched the interview with Lisa Ling, and it wasn't Lisa Ling who was at fault there. It was her interviewer. So last night, I went to bed feeling a little bad about how harsh my post was. I saw a clip of Lisa Ling at Terre Haute, and she looked to be very respectful.

So maybe Lisa Ling is ok. (Even though the media stink!)

I hope so, anyway!

No worries! I actually really liked your last post, lol! :like: Yeah, I did feel a little unsure if respectful was the right word I used there after I posted it. Probably not as bad as it could have been, at least from the interview, is a better phrase. We'll see anyway.

But yeah, I thought to post this to let everyone know about it, but not to say it might be good, like the reality show one <-- ugh! It's good to know about though.

Who knows! Maybe some of the things she mentioned, from a secular stand point, will touch some young men's hearts. If they worry about what someone may think of them becoming priests because of the sex scandals or the life of celibacy, the show show might MIGHT answer some of those worries in a way that they understand!

I like what Lisa Ling said to the question on giving up sex. That seeing the comfort that these priests give to those who are in need might be better than sex. She thought it was amazing to see.

That was great to see her saying too. Hopefully it might open a door in her heart to God...  :pray:

It's still lacking in the knowledge of the relationship we can/are meant have with Him, that marriage in this world is only a foreshadowing of. In other words, it still could be an answer an atheist come come up with!

But we don't want to be too harsh I guess. It's just frustrating when people don't seem to want to acknowledge God! It's really sad when people don't know about this... "Love is not loved!" - Our Lord to St. Margaret Mary Alacoque

But it's a start :like:

Who knows! Maybe some of the things she mentioned, from a secular stand point, will touch some young men's hearts. If they worry about what someone may think of them becoming priests because of the sex scandals or the life of celibacy, the show show might MIGHT answer some of those worries in a way that they understand!

Maybe so! :pray: