An Old School Catholic Message Board

Next Scapegoat Of The Month

Luigi

It may have escaped your notice, but I am acutely aware that my tenure as Scapegoat of the Month comes to an end in three days - Wednesday, December 31, 2014, a day that will live in ignominy. 

My concern is not simply who will be the next Scapegoat of the Month, but how my successor will be chosen. When dUSt created the position, I don't think he had a plan of succession. 

I have considered: 

1. Letting dUSt choose my successor - it's his board, so I guess he can do anything he wants with it; 

2. Letting the incumbent Scapegoat of the Month (MOI!) choose (in this case) his successor - after all, I'm the only one so far who knows the intricacies of the job, the requisite skill set, the standard operating procedures, and so forth; 

3. Making it into a Phamily Phundraiser - a dollar equals one vote. So if we all sent dUSt $5 with a name, he could tally them up and announce that - speaking strictly hypothetically - PhuturePriest is the Scapegoat of the Month for January. That would allow us all to gang up on our least-liked phamily member and saddle her/him with this onerous responsibility, OR, if - speaking strictly hypothetically - PhuturePriest wanted to be the Scapegoat of the Month, he could send in a sizable donation with his own name attached to ensure his own victory.

I prefer option #2 or #3. 

What say the rest of you motley crew? 

It may have escaped your notice, but I am acutely aware that my tenure as Scapegoat of the Month comes to an end in three days - Wednesday, December 31, 2014, a day that will live in ignominy. 

My concern is not simply who will be the next Scapegoat of the Month, but how my successor will be chosen. When dUSt created the position, I don't think he had a plan of succession. 

I have considered: 

1. Letting dUSt choose my successor - it's his board, so I guess he can do anything he wants with it; 

2. Letting the incumbent Scapegoat of the Month (MOI!) choose (in this case) his successor - after all, I'm the only one so far who knows the intricacies of the job, the requisite skill set, the standard operating procedures, and so forth; 

3. Making it into a Phamily Phundraiser - a dollar equals one vote. So if we all sent dUSt $5 with a name, he could tally them up and announce that - speaking strictly hypothetically - PhuturePriest is the Scapegoat of the Month for January. That would allow us all to gang up on our least-liked phamily member and saddle her/him with this onerous responsibility, OR, if - speaking strictly hypothetically - PhuturePriest wanted to be the Scapegoat of the Month, he could send in a sizable donation with his own name attached to ensure his own victory.

I prefer option #2 or #3. 

What say the rest of you motley crew? 

QUADRATIC VOTING

http://ericposner.com/voting-squared-quadratic-voting-in-democratic-politics/

:coffee:

Ardillacid - the clear heir apparent. Drinks coffee and reads the newspaper, unflappable. PERFECT for Scapegoat of the Month.

Edited by Luigi