An Old School Catholic Message Board

Passionist Nuns Of St. Joseph Monastery (Kentucky) Vocation Update

Feankie

In their blog, the Nuns have just announced that one of their Aspirants is now a Postulant, and one of the Postulants will soon be clothed in the Holy Habit.

They seem to have a stream of steady vocations.......and who said cloistered life is a thing of the past!

Senensis, there used to be Passionist nuns in England (in Daventry). I think there might be a couple left. They moved somewhere else when their numbers got too small to be sustainable (I think Belmont Abbey, but I'm not sure). You could always write to them - it would be lovely if they got some young European vocations...

Well, I know, technically England belongs to Europe. I realize just now that actually I thought of the continent... thanks however for your answers!

It takes about ninety minutes to get from Lille to London on the train. ;) If you'd consider a monastery anywhere in continental Europe then I don't see why England would be unreachable.

There are also several monasteries of Passionist nuns in Italy, if you speak Italian or are prepared to learn it. Italy was their birthplace. I see from this list that there are communities in Spain, France, and the Netherlands too, but I don't know how accurate that is (the list is pretty old - the English nuns are still listed as being at Daventry): http://www.paixaopelavida.net/site/ingles/?page_id=145

Edited by beatitude

In their blog, the Nuns have just announced that one of their Aspirants is now a Postulant, and one of the Postulants will soon be clothed in the Holy Habit.

They seem to have a stream of steady vocations.......and who said cloistered life is a thing of the past!

Great news! I wish they would come to New Zealand, we have far too few religious orders here. We have lost many communities over time, and very few coming to replace them. Not easy I guess, being at the bottom of the world and a very small country.

Great news! I wish they would come to New Zealand, we have far too few religious orders here. We have lost many communities over time, and very few coming to replace them. Not easy I guess, being at the bottom of the world and a very small country.

But a BREATHTAKINGLY BEAUTIFUL country! ;)