An Old School Catholic Message Board

Discernment Opp With The Sisters Of St. Rita, Feb 6-8, 2015

Sr Mary Brigid

Sr Mary Brigid

A blessed and joyful New Year to you all--May the peace of our dear Lord Jesus Christ be with you!

We are having a "come and see" weekend here at the Sisters of St. Rita the weekend of Feb. 6-8, and we'd be remiss if we didn't let you wonderfully zealous PHATMASS ladies know about it!

It will be a casual, hands-on, and informative weekend to learn more about life in our contemplative-active Augustinian community.  Discerning women from ages 20-50 are welcome.  The weekend will run from Friday afternoon (Feb. 6) through mid-day Sunday (Feb. 8). You will have to cover the costs and arrangements for your travel here to Racine, Wisconsin, but once you're here, you will simply stay with us in the convent with all room and board provided (no charge, of course...Augustinian hospitality is our specialty!)

Interested?  Your FIRST step is to email or call Sr. Angelica Summer, OSA, our Superior here at the convent (email:  sr.angelica@sbcglobal.net ; phone: 262-639-1766), chat with her a bit, gauge our joint interests, and reserve a spot.  Then, keep an eye on our website here, www.sistersofstrita.org, and on our Facebook page (click here) for more details.

Know that we are praying for you every day in your discernment, and God willing, that you consider a vocation with the Sisters of St. Rita!

Blessings to you all!

Sr Mary Brigid

Thanks, ladies!  Please visit our Facebook page, Like us and share, if you would!  https://www.facebook.com/sistersofstritaosa

We're in growth mode, and are looking forward to meeting lots of potential Sisters that weekend!

And for those at "the other end of the globe", our Motherhouse is in Wuerzburg, Germany, and we also have Sisters in Switzerland (just in case you wanted to check them out, instead.)

Blessings to you! 

Sister is it possible to get in contact with your sister in Germany or Switzerland because i'm from Europe.

Thank you and God bless you.

Sr Mary Brigid

Hi Carla!

SURE!  They would love to hear from you!  Here's the German website:  http://www.ritaschwestern.de/bwo/dcms/sites/bistum/extern/ritaschwestern/index.html

And our Vocation Director there is Sr. Angela, whose email address is on the vocation page on the site:  http://www.ritaschwestern.de/bwo/dcms/sites/bistum/extern/ritaschwestern/ritaschwesterwerden/index.html

I don't know if you speak German...the site is written of course in German, and I know that my Google often automatically translates it to English.  As you might imagine, sometime the English is a bit awkward in the translation!

Thanks, Carla, and let me know if you have any questions.  You are in our prayers!!

In Christ,

Sr. Mary Brigid

Thank you sister so much.I do speak German but not fluently it is enough for communication and reading web page.

Soon i'm traveling to Bavaria do i will like to visit sisters it is not so far from there.Soon i will contact Sr. Angela.

Thank you sister for your help and God bless you.