An Old School Catholic Message Board

How To Move On?

Cantantibus

MarysLittleFlower

Also remember Our Lord TRULY understands your heart and the suffering you're going through... Better than any other person here or anyone. He also made you for a purpose that literally no one can fulfill except you, it is unique and unrepeatable. Think of how He made you and created your soul with so much love, with a particular vocation that is perfect for you and would bring you joy. If He chose a religious vocation for you then He chose you to be His bride here on earth... Then think of all that He endured in dying for you. Your parents love you very much Im sure and want you to be happy, but God loves you and your parents more than anyone can, and He KNOWS what would make you happiest. Maybe your parents just don't think such a vocation would lead to happiness, but once they see you happy there, they can change their minds. It sometimes happens that way.

Jesus needs to be everything to us :) cab we say that to Him even if it costs us much sacrifice? Meditating on the Cross can help. He endured everything for us and will support us. We need to discern with trust, whether it ends up being marriage or consecrated life :)

Edited by MarysLittleFlower

I interviewed 35 sisters for my Master's thesis, and quite a few of them had entered totally against the will of their horrified/livid parents. Some of their parents outright disowned them.

Today, all of them are on good terms with their parents, who come to visit every chance they get and love the whole community.

I of course cannot guarantee that that is what will happen with your parents. I'm just saying: It's not only possible—it's common.