An Old School Catholic Message Board

Th Beauty Of Being A Young Nun

Charbel

J.M.+J.T.

Blessed be God's name! Blessed be His holy name forever!

Sr. Allison talks about her call from God to religious life.

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyltd1iWnaw[/media]

(Video description) In my opinion there is no greater radiance than that which comes from the beautiful face of a young nun. One might think that living a life of chastity would make somebody less of a women, but in all actuality nuns are the most feminine females that I have ever seen. Similarly the most masculine men I have ever met have been celibate. Interesting.... there must be something about answering the call to holiness and fulfilling God's will that makes us more of who we were created to be.... more human... more holy... more happy.

For more Catholic goodies visit
www.truefaith.tv

~

Note: This is not saying that elder religious are not beautiful. All religious are beautiful! :nun1: 

• 3 weeks later...

I saw that video several years ago about Sr Allison's call to Religious Life. Her story is truly beautiful, and she is such an inspiration. God bless her! 

Love and prayer for all of you discerning and not discerning, 

Kim-Therese x

For me, that alabaster jar image can include a letting go of one's desires for one's own life.  For sure, if The Lord had granted me the qualities and health necessary for religious life, I would still be on a monastic cloister.  Somewhere along the line and somehow, I lost my own desires for my life and what God wanted became prime as dark as it can be for a period before light is granted and that becomes the rhythm of life, rather than an event.  Although I have no idea where nor how.  To add to the inability to explain, when one is in the light it can seem darkness and when one is in darkness it can seem flooded in light. :paperbag:   And I do believe that that process and rhythm can take place even if one does fulfil one's desires for one's life.  Maybe one day I will find the words - just not today for sure.

AccountDeleted

The beauty of being an Old Nun! :)  (Just not sure why young is any more beautiful than old, especially since most old nuns have been in religious life a long time.

mother-teresa.jpg

Religious and nuns are beautiful ....... full stop!

I have long remarked at the absolute transformation that takes place physically when the postulant is clothed in the habit.  Rather than hide anything, to me it brings out the physical beauty in the female not really evident until clothed in a religious habit.

Mother Teresa of Calcutta always reminded me physically of the Dominican nun who taught me in College, she is now deceased.  She was about four foot nothing, a fiery Irish nun who left Ireland in her twenties, never to see it again - she had facial expression lines everywhere i.e. covered in facial wrinkles as well as everywhere else visible (i.e. hands only except when she roller her sleeves up slightly ......... an action portending trouble to us students) with distinct laughter lines that she rarely used, if ever, before students.  We were all scared silly of her - until with me she began to reveal her absolute humanity.  I loved the lady  :)

• 9 months later...
Yinepu Sanctimonialis
On 2/25/2015, 6:34:42, BarbaraTherese said:

I have long remarked at the absolute transformation that takes place physically when the postulant is clothed in the habit.  Rather than hide anything, to me it brings out the physical beauty in the female not really evident until clothed in a religious habit.

I agree absolutely with this statement, and with every vows they have more and more complete metamorphosis as we all turn into wiser by the ages...but this kind of changes are much more spiritual...The Holy Habit represent the living engagement and good example for everyone in the Catholic - and in every other religion with their own monks and nuns - Church : http://www.flickriver.com/photos/catholicsun/499571969/