An Old School Catholic Message Board

All Saints! Convent Open House Maryland Sunday Feb. 8Th

Vin

Folks,

The All Saints Sisters of the Poor in Catonsville are hosting an open house Sunday Feb 8th 1-4pm if you are in the MD area or know of anyone who lives around the area.

All Saints Priory 1501 Hilton Ave. Catonsville MD

These sisters came into the Church a few years back, and were an Episcopalian community.

They are Eucharistic, Scriptural, faithful, devout, charitable, human, intercessors, ladylike, creative, hospitable, simple, saint celebrating, living a hidden life, not cloistered, full habit, manual and artistic labor, roman O.F. Mass ad orientem, not much given to controversies, in a beautiful place and in need of some vocations. VALUE SILENCE!!! Spiritually mature women in love with Christ seeking to make of themselves a hidden oblation, of all ages,  should investigate this community.

http://www.allsaintssisters.org/vocation/discernment.aspx

What they do best is being set aside as eschatological signs. Lovely women with humor and with the Church.

From their website:

We treasure:

•   Christ centered lives

•   interpersonal love and union

•   disciplined interior lives centered around the Eucharist and Divine Office

•   a spirit of kindness toward one another and strangers

•   wearing our traditional habit

•   ordinary daily work as the channel of God’s love

Interestingly, their English sisters, still Anglicans, have just sold their mother house in Oxford to the Conventual Franciscans.

P.S. The sisters' scriptorium offers beautifully illustrated inexpensive cards and illuminations. I find this helpful in the apostolate of encouragement...who does not like to receive personal snail mail in our days? So rare and attention getting. There is also a color book with great instructions for would-be manuscript illuminators. A great project for advanced home-schoolers or anyone needing an outlet for beauty.

I had seen a video on them before they converted, and they have always been on the traditional side.  Their Anglican priest was shown saying the service ad orientem.  I know at the time they were offering retreats - do they still now?

Women are received for retreats and they have a retreat house for individuals and groups! beautiful spot...old school feel.

It really is stunning and remains with me. The sisters have a great tradition of these kind of illustrations and calligraphy that accords with a certain loveliness used in service of the Gospel. For some reason it puts me in mind of the writings of Julian of Norwich.  They also have a decorum in their lives that preserves a respect for what God may be doing in the lives of others. Again their silence goes with them, recollected presences.