An Old School Catholic Message Board

What To Say...

EmmaElizabeth

EmmaElizabeth

I went to visit the Benedictines of Mary two and a half years ago to discern my vocation. At the time, I had just turned 17,  just finished high school and had been homeschooled so I hadn't been out by myself very much in the world.  I had not had a job, received my driver's license or gone to college. At the time, I was very timid and scared and it showed in my time with the sisters. At the end of my stay, the vocation director felt I needed more time to experience "life" before entering.

It has now been two and a half years.  I have worked two jobs where I interact with the public, almost completed an Associates Degree (I, God willing, hope to graduate in May), and I have had my driver's license for over a year.  I feel so much more confident than I did in 2012.  I still feel deeply called to religious life and hope to visit them again this year.

What I am wondering is, what should I say in my initial email to Sister?

If anyone has any advice or input I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you so much in advance and may God Bless!

Exactly what you just said here! It sounds awesome and like you have really made changes and got a grip on things! Why not just shoot them a friendly email, not coming across too strong at first, but being like, 'hi, I hope you remember me, I visited a couple of years ago and this is what you said at the time, this is what I've been doing since, and btw I'm still interested in becoming a nun.' Good start, no? :)

EmmaElizabeth

Thanks Marigold...I guess I just needed to see if I was going about this the right way and saying the right things. ;)