Maggyie Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 Does it work? Do you feel that you are undercutting the livery drivers? My husband has to go to the airport midday tomorrow for a flight. An uber is much cheaper than a taxi and somehow less frightening to me...
Lilllabettt Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 I take Uber when I'm late or otherwise in a jam. Depending on the time of day they can be much pricier than taxis. (price surges during bad weather, early morning hrs, peak travel times.) So just cuz its cheaper right now don't mean it will be depending when he has to go to the airport ... Uber drivers do not have medallions, so they may be psychopaths. actually regular taxi drivers with medallions may be psychopaths anyway. so ... I've never had a bad experience. (Taken it like 10-12 times in my life.)
PhuturePriest Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 Google is working on an Uber-like taxi service that utilizes self-driving cars. No uncomfortable conversations, no uncomfortable silence, and proven to be safer than an actual human driving a car. The future is bright for us all, friends.
Oremus Pro Invicem Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 Google is working on an Uber-like taxi service that utilizes self-driving cars. No uncomfortable conversations, no uncomfortable silence, and proven to be safer than an actual human driving a car. The future is bright for us all, friends. Not brighter for the drivers or their families when they lose thier income. Plus the Google taxi will probably data mine you so then the next time you use them they send a car painted with your favorite color, playing your favorite genre of music, and smelling like your favoriet sent. No thank you. I will stick with the real people.
PhuturePriest Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 Plus the Google taxi will probably data mine you so then the next time you use them they send a car painted with your favorite color, playing your favorite genre of music, and smelling like your favoriet sent. The horror?
franciscanheart Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 I've used Uber in Dallas and San Francisco and never had a bad ride. :like:
franciscanheart Posted February 12, 2015 Posted February 12, 2015 Ok we are gonna try it!!How'd it go?
Maggyie Posted February 13, 2015 Author Posted February 13, 2015 His coworker drive him!!! Free but lame!!!
Tony Posted February 14, 2015 Posted February 14, 2015 I'd love to but you but, you need a smartphone, and they don't come out my way.
Nihil Obstat Posted February 14, 2015 Posted February 14, 2015 The title of this thread reminds me of my boss who says things like "I have my own Google", meaning a web site, or "A few years ago I got my first Google", meaning a review of his business on Yelp. Or, "if you sign up for an account you can log on to your own personal Google", meaning a personal profile page. Sometimes I have trouble working here...
Maggyie Posted February 14, 2015 Author Posted February 14, 2015 I'm also someone who refers to Facebook as The Facebook. Which used to be its name but is now used only by dorks like moi.
4588686 Posted February 14, 2015 Posted February 14, 2015 I'm also someone who refers to Facebook as The Facebook. Which used to be its name but is now used only by dorks like moi. ur so lame
Lilllabettt Posted February 15, 2015 Posted February 15, 2015 i can beat you sister. i use "the google", and refer to it as "the google" in job interviews. hot property >>>>> me
4588686 Posted February 15, 2015 Posted February 15, 2015 i can beat you sister. i use "the google", and refer to it as "the google" in job interviews. hot property >>>>> me google
4588686 Posted February 15, 2015 Posted February 15, 2015 ALSO!!! http://lmgtfy.com/?q=Hey+Lilllabettt%2C+hope+you%27re+doing+well%2C+here+is+a+fun+like+that+will+not+lead+anywhere
Lilllabettt Posted February 15, 2015 Posted February 15, 2015 forgetting sarah marshall, interesting.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now