An Old School Catholic Message Board

Gifts For First Time Mom

CrossCuT

A friend of mine - a woman of a certain age - gives her daughters-in-law the same gift with each child they have - a spa day.

She figures that after being more or less uncomfortable for nine months, and after however-many hours of labor, the new mom appreciates the pampering.

That's a lovely idea. I did something similar for one friend (a gift card for a restaurant that she and her husband really like, plus volunteering my services as a babysitter for whichever day they chose to use it) and they were very happy at the prospect of some quiet time together. I think a spa day would be even better.

Oremus Pro Invicem

diapers. find out if they plan to do disposable or not, what brand she wants.
they are expensive and people dont tend to give them at baby showers.

We did this for one of our friends. We all chipped in and gave her a visa gift card with a good some of money on it to use for diaper expenses. It was a huge hit with her.

Also I thought this was awesome.

image.jpg Edited by Oremus Pro Invicem

We did this for one of our friends. We all chipped in and gave her a visa gift card with a good some of money on it to use for diaper expenses. It was a huge hit with her.

Also I thought this was amesome.

image.jpg

The visa card is an awesome idea. That way she can buy the new sizes as she needs them and not have a bunch lying around waiting to be used or not able to use because the baby grew out of them.

These onesies are also awesome!

Archaeology cat

Also I thought this was amesome.

image.jpg

Someone gave my son that onesie.