Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

Guest Kevin Anderson
Posted

Why is the pope's hat pointy? I'm curious!

Posted

I think that Wikipedia covers the history and use of the mitre quite well. There may be other explanations for the use of this particular type of headwear but for simple curiosity's sake, this article covers a lot.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitre 

What I liked was the picture of the Bishop piece used in chess since it also has a 'pointy hat'.

I am no scholar but some simple questions can be answered by a Google search. Just type in your question and see what comes up! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...