An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marian Consecration

luxetveritas

luxetveritas

Hello phatmassers,

Have any of you done Marian Consecration and on the day of your consecration date consecrate yourself to Our Lady in the presence of a holy priest? Kind of like making a private vow? I had thought about possibly doing this, but I didn't know if that is something that you do or not or something that would be weird to ask of a priest.

God Bless!

Luxetveritas

I did the 33 days to Morning Glory, it did not require anything special, I am not familiar with a formal Consecration, from what I understand it is a personal Consecration.  I am guessing there are probably a lot of ways to make a Marian Consecration, the concept that I took from the 33 days to morning glory was that I am being asked to or I am giving and entrusting to the Blessed Mother any and all good deeds and actions that I may have or will do, so that She may use those as deemed fit for the Glory of God / Christ.

An just an fyi, Good luck finding a " holy priest "  ( that made me chuckle srry no offense ment  )

Spem in alium

I did it back in 2012 - the Total Consecration, using Louis de Montfort. I did it with a group and we consecrated ourselves during a private Mass. 

totustuus20

I did it last September using St. Louis De Montfort. I did it after mass and my priest-friend was there, but He wasn't a vocal part of the consecration. He was supporting me in prayer, obviously, but he was really only there because he had just celebrated mass. It wouldn't have made much difference to the consecration itself if he had been there or not. The consecration is really just between you, Jesus, and the Blessed Mother. That being said, however, in Preparation for Total Consecration, they recommend that you go to mass on that day if you are able, so it might be nice to go to mass on that day. Best of luck if you are preparing for consecration!

HopefulHeart

I did the consecration on the Feast of the Assumption in 2012, using St. Louis de Montfort. I went to Confession on the day before and then, at Mass for the feast day, I silently made the consecration after Communion. I did briefly mention to my parish priest that I was making the consecration, but for the most part I did it independently.

After the consecration, I made a little chain of twelve jump rings (typically used for jewelry making), and fastened the chain around the string of my scapular. I like having it as a private reminder of my consecration. I chose twelve rings in the chain to signify the twelve stars in Mary's crown. :)

AveMariaPurissima

After the consecration, I made a little chain of twelve jump rings (typically used for jewelry making), and fastened the chain around the string of my scapular. I like having it as a private reminder of my consecration. I chose twelve rings in the chain to signify the twelve stars in Mary's crown. :)

​I really like that idea -- I might have to copy! :)

luxetveritas

Thank you to all that have replied!

I think I will pray my prayers of consecration after Holy Mass on the date of my Consecration. I plan to go to confession before the date of consecration too! 

I'm so excited to be doing this; it has thus far been such a fruitful thing! 

HopefulHeart. . .that's really a neat idea that you did with the scapular!

HopefulHeart

​I really like that idea -- I might have to copy! :)

Glad you like it!  :)

Thank you to all that have replied!

I think I will pray my prayers of consecration after Holy Mass on the date of my Consecration. I plan to go to confession before the date of consecration too! 

I'm so excited to be doing this; it has thus far been such a fruitful thing! 

HopefulHeart. . .that's really a neat idea that you did with the scapular!

​Thanks, and I hope your consecration goes well! The Marian Consecration is such a beautiful devotion. :)

TheresaThoma

I just made my consecration after Mass on that day. 

I keep on thinking that I should make a chain bracelet but I like the idea of the twelve chains on the scapular. 

I did 33 days to Morning Glory in Church but privatly and made my own ceremony up.I went to confession,attended Mass,made a confession again and did the penance in front of the statue of the Blessed Mother then I made my concecration prayed the Salve Regiena,Memorare,and three hail marys for purity then left church and she has helped greatly with my dicserment I was so stressed and by the next february 18 She has narrowed my choices of what order I should join down to 3 different order which helped alot.I highly reccomend Marian Concecration if you are a discerner.