An Old School Catholic Message Board

8 Major Studies Prove Homosexuality Is Not Genetic

PhuturePriest

​Also another quick question. Can this line of thinking be applied to other areas of your faith? For instance, are Catholics only welcoming to scientific discovery if it confirms their already firm beliefs? I get the whole truth doesnt contradict truth tote (Which I think is a cheap cop out).So if evidence surfaced that DID contradicted it (such in this case) you would rather remain disillusioned for the sake of your bias? or would you truly believe that being gay is a choice regardless of what the experts say on the topic? 

If people still believed the earth was 6000 years old based on the bible, are they correct? Or are the overwhelming studies that contradict that right? 

Although it really isnt a Catholic belief that anything is or isnt genetic; No where in the CCC does it say "You must believe homosexuality is cause by choice and magical unicorns". so I definitely agree Gabriela that its not the facts that scare people, its the implication of what those facts might mean; it is fear.The fear that when certain minorities gain understanding and equality, that their own value would be question or discriminated in the same fashion that they do to others.

Its really depressing for a lover of science and discovery to see people so immobilized by fear of the unknown that they would go out of their way to blatantly insert false notions in the place of observed, tested, and reviewed science.

Im not saying that of YOU specifically, just in general.

​You lost me, cuz I said that Catholics fear how secular atheists will use it, not that Catholics fear what science might actually turn up.