An Old School Catholic Message Board

HopefulHeart's Hodgepodge

HopefulHeart

AccountDeleted

The artist did admit it was pretty awful and said she would be happy to try again. :) 

HopefulHeart

I will be interested in seeing her second attempt. :) I expect it will be a much better likeness of Lucy.

Not A Mallard

Controversy has erupted over a bronze statue of Lucille Ball that was recently put up in her hometown in NY. The reason for the controversy is pretty obvious if you look at the picture of the statue.

V0u6Cg5.jpg

Seriously, the thing looks like a zombie or an ugly witch. "Take your Vitameatavegamin, my pretty! Mwahahaha!"

HopefulHeart

Who knew Lucy could resemble the Joker! Well, she is a comedian....

So today in human geography class, we were talking about religion and how religions have narrative traditions. This exchange went down:

Professor: A lot of people consider themselves religious but don't know their religion's narratives and stories.

Me: I've read the whole Bible.

Professor: :o

Me (inwardly): Booyah!

HopefulHeart

Looking at my journal entries from when I was 15 is like....

GHALgGi.gif

I'm glad I wasn't on Phatmass during that time. Would have resulted in a major cringefest.

HopefulHeart

The beginning of Up is so cute. "South America! It's like America . . . but south!"

HopefulHeart

​Maybe that part of the beginning...

Yeah, the rest of the beginning may require a tissue box.

HopefulHeart

So in lit class we were studying "The Red Wheelbarrow," by Williams.

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

At first I was pretty meh about the poem. But then the prof pointed out that the stanzas were constructed in such a way as to resemble little wheelbarrows. Also, the poet implies how central rural life and farms are to American identity by using imagery of the red wheelbarrow, white chickens, and (presumably) blue rainwater. Now I think the poem is really cool.

HopefulHeart

I'm going on camera this afternoon for an interview. A clip from the interview will be shown at a school event for potential scholarship donors. I'm kinda stressed out about it right now. :beg:

HopefulHeart

The interview went pretty well. I got miked up and stood in front of the camera while I answered questions about the impact of my scholarship. There were a few awkward moments where I got tongue-tied, but those parts will be edited out.

Cool video time!

HopefulHeart

This is my 400th post.

Oh hai, my rank changed!

Q3jeXvx.jpg

Edited by HopefulHeart

HopefulHeart

I finally learned how I did on my midterm in British lit. I was so nervous about the test that I posted a prayer request about it back in March. Well, the prayers must have worked, because I got a really good grade! *happy dance*

S18e42t.gif