Sojourner Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 I'm sitting here in my apartment, and I can hear thunder rumbling overhead. It's going to storm really soon. I live in the city, right smack downtown. I love it, love being in the middle of everything, but this is one time I wish I was in the country. I can remember sitting on our front porch when I was a kid and watching storm clouds approach over the fields, so dark and ominous. So beautiful, and I think the fact that they're dangerous makes it just that much more fun -- just a little scary, you know?
Tony Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 If I absoulutly know someone will not be hurt.. then thunderstorms are great
Iacobus Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 LOL! I was working at the golf course when it hit here. And I still had stuff to do OUTSIDE! LOL. But I only got soaked once. Than I got to go on a Search and Rescue for the two carts that never came in. I got to ford some mini-rivers. LOL. Reallllllly big puddles.
Sojourner Posted June 12, 2004 Author Posted June 12, 2004 Ha ha Iacobus ... Last summer I went hiking during a really big storm once ... it was the BEST. All the trails were like rivers. And the best part was that no one else was out so I had the park mostly to myself. It was really fun.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 Yeah, I'm under a tornado watch and the sky is turning green...I know what THAT means... I'd better turn off my computer...
Iacobus Posted June 12, 2004 Posted June 12, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 12 2004, 12:36 PM'] Yeah, I'm under a tornado watch and the sky is turning green...I know what THAT means... I'd better turn off my computer... [/quote] Turn off the computer and be like a good Midwestern male. "Hmmm that sky doesn't look good. Lets go outside for a better look." RDF!
ilovechrist Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 it's starting to storm here bad... AGAIN... ICK! i hate storms.. just rain is cool tho
Crusader_4 Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 Hey funny story i just got back from Iowa (was at the world pork expo) anyway we went to go to a farm a bit north of Des moines. About four miles away is the house from the movie "Twister" so we took a look at it and stuff. Anyway as a little boy from Canada you dont see too many threatning storms at all but at any rate we were driving to a restaurant from dinner right after seeing this house and sure enough the weather turned bad on us and we saw a tornado... i was really wowed was a really special experience.
Iacobus Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 [quote name='Crusader_4' date='Jun 12 2004, 08:33 PM'] the movie "Twister" [/quote] LOL! That is a death wish. LOL! In the Midwest, at least in Byron, we don't watch Twister. I swear everytime we see it it stroms like mad and the serins go off. LOL!
Phikoz Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 o it has been storming pretty good over here, lots of rain, our pond has been overflowing of late, and i hear more storms are comin..
BeenaBobba Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 [quote name='Iacobus' date='Jun 12 2004, 02:51 PM'] Turn off the computer and be like a good Midwestern male. "Hmmm that sky doesn't look good. Lets go outside for a better look." [/quote] HAHA! God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted June 13, 2004 Posted June 13, 2004 [quote name='Crusader_4' date='Jun 12 2004, 10:33 PM'] Hey funny story i just got back from Iowa (was at the world pork expo) anyway we went to go to a farm a bit north of Des moines. About four miles away is the house from the movie "Twister" so we took a look at it and stuff. Anyway as a little boy from Canada you dont see too many threatning storms at all but at any rate we were driving to a restaurant from dinner right after seeing this house and sure enough the weather turned bad on us and we saw a tornado... i was really wowed was a really special experience. [/quote] What was the tornado like up close? God bless, Jen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now