An Old School Catholic Message Board

CFR Monks

John Paul

totustuus20

Are you referring to the CFR Friars based out of New York City? If so, I know a little about them, but if you are referring to monks, then I am not sure.

totustuus20

I just want to specify because Monks are usually those who are cloistered or contemplative where as friars are usually those who are active. I just want to make sure we are referring to the same group.

totustuus20

They are a fairly large order  who have a large presence in New York City and the Newark, NJ area. They were founded by 6 Capuchin friars many years ago. Their main works are evangelization and working with the poor. Near me, they run various retreats and Adoration nights, and they also have a youth center and a healthcare center. They work and do food give outs, and soup kitchens and stuff like that. Here is their website http://franciscanfriars.com/

PhuturePriest

They're a solid group who place a lot of emphasis on living in poor neighborhoods and helping the poor. They also have a rather high age requirement than most Franciscan communities, requiring men to be 20 or 22, I can't remember which one exactly.

franciscanheart

Yes. They're wonderful. :) I have a lot of experience with them and recommend them without a single hesitation. They are solid, joyful, and FUN.