An Old School Catholic Message Board

What political party/political philosophy do you support ?

NadaTeTurbe

I'd rather save my dogma for religion, Anomaly, and not politics. This is not to say that my cohesive Weltanschauung formed by the Catholic faith does not impact that, and very profoundly, but rather that my ideals are based on God, not what what The Party says.

Thank you for explaining how your Catholic Weltanschauung precludes you from forming an ideology.  

Winchester

I'm pro-America

​What's your favorite part of the continent? I think I like the lower part of South America the best.

Nihil Obstat

​What's your favorite part of the continent? I think I like the lower part of South America the best.

Because of the penguins, right?

I support the reign of the future Monarch prophesied by man a great Catholic Saint. 

beatitude

I'm from the UK and I'm not a registered member of any political party. My closest political 'home' is with the Catholic Worker (not a political party, a Christian anarchist movement rooted in the works of mercy that advocates justice, non-violence, and solidarity with the poor, founded by Dorothy Day and Peter Mourin). I am considering going to live in a Catholic Worker house for a while after my PhD - in my country they share life with homeless people and refugees in precarious situations.

NadaTeTurbe

I'm pro-America

​Me too. I am in love with Patagonia :D 

Amppax : I writed to you a long answer, but by computer ate it, so expect a short answer, when I will have time. 

Beatitude  It sounds good :) Are they only in the UK ? 

beatitude

@NadaTeTurbe, no, it's an international movement that began in New York and today is present in seventeen countries. I think your closest community would be in Belgium, in Ghent. Their co-founder Dorothy Day had a relationship with the Little Sisters of Jesus, actually - she was a member of their lay fraternity and used to meet regularly with them for prayer. I think you'd appreciate her writings. She has several books.

NadaTeTurbe

So, Amppax : As a gaullist, I know that the Général was opposed to the presence of UK in UE, and he had reasons, that are/were very good. since the creation of CEC, the english wanted to destroy it (with the AELE). The british don’t want to be in the UK, and don’t want to respect the rules : they don’t have euros, the british rebate (« i want my monney back » by Tatcher), the opt-out on the social charter, schengen… They want advantages to be in the UE without difficulties. UK in UE = « me, myself, and I ». And I am selfish, but i am waiting for one day : the day where british retired living in my region will be deported to UK. They despise us, don’t speak french (it's not that they speak bad french, it's they speak NO french), destroy our houses (sometimes houses form the Middle Ages !), our traditions, our way of life… In the south of France, we are a Mediteranean culture. We already have Parisian & people from the north who come to destroy our mediteranean state of mind, we don’t need british to do that. I am tired to work (I work as a gardener sometimes) to people who don’t speak our languages, criticise our country, but are very happy to enjoy our healthcare (i am not kidding, i work for 11 british, half are here because of healthcare.) when they will be not in the Europe, it would be more hard for them to live here, and so we will welcome people from our culture (spanish, italian, etc...) or who really want to be here and to integrate. Outside of that, I am very anglophile, but this point make me angry. 

Beatitude : I'm gonna check it out, because it interest me ! Thank you so much, you make me discover a lot of (good) things ! 

I support the reign of the future Monarch prophesied by man a great Catholic Saint. 

​Pray do tell more I am always up for a good prophecy!

Nihil Obstat

​Pray do tell more I am always up for a good prophecy!

​It is actually a remarkably consistent aspect of many Catholic prophecies, from a huge variety of time periods and geographic backgrounds. Essentially every 'end times' prophet agrees that at a certain point a Catholic monarch rises up and unites Christendom against, if I remember correctly, the Antichrist, as in the literal one. After Antichrist's defeat there is a long period of peace under which the world is mainly united under the Catholic Church.

​Can't abide penguins. Horrid beasts.

​Don't underestimate them!  They are birds without wings.  Paleontology indicates that their fins were an adaptation to a watery environment.  Think about the metaphoric possibilities (Evolution...[we, too, can evolve] and Unconventionalism [the human capacity to move beyond expectations]).

As far as my political leanings...I see myself as a type of investigator acting as an intellectual midwife.  I vote the issues without party affiliation--using the old Socratic dialectic.  We can come closer to the truth that way.  There are always more questions to be asked, more arguments to be challenged.  I enjoy watching debates...as politicians are "forced" to clarify his or her ideas/positions.

Afterthought...check out the movie, "The Penquins of Madagascar" wherein a group of super aquatic "agents"  undertake a covert operation to stop Dr. Octavious Brine from destroying the world.

Nihil Obstat

I like the six foot tall blind albino penguins in At the Mountains of Madness.

Albp3.jpg

So, Amppax : As a gaullist, I know that the Général was opposed to the presence of UK in UE, and he had reasons, that are/were very good. since the creation of CEC, the english wanted to destroy it (with the AELE). The british don’t want to be in the UK, and don’t want to respect the rules : they don’t have euros, the british rebate (« i want my monney back » by Tatcher), the opt-out on the social charter, schengen… They want advantages to be in the UE without difficulties. UK in UE = « me, myself, and I ». And I am selfish, but i am waiting for one day : the day where british retired living in my region will be deported to UK. They despise us, don’t speak french (it's not that they speak bad french, it's they speak NO french), destroy our houses (sometimes houses form the Middle Ages !), our traditions, our way of life… In the south of France, we are a Mediteranean culture. We already have Parisian & people from the north who come to destroy our mediteranean state of mind, we don’t need british to do that. I am tired to work (I work as a gardener sometimes) to people who don’t speak our languages, criticise our country, but are very happy to enjoy our healthcare (i am not kidding, i work for 11 british, half are here because of healthcare.) when they will be not in the Europe, it would be more hard for them to live here, and so we will welcome people from our culture (spanish, italian, etc...) or who really want to be here and to integrate. Outside of that, I am very anglophile, but this point make me angry. 

Beatitude : I'm gonna check it out, because it interest me ! Thank you so much, you make me discover a lot of (good) things ! 

​I think this answer is for someone else. My question was directed at Nihil Obstat. I really don't have any interest in the intricacy's of European politics, I can barely keep up with those in my own country (US).