An Old School Catholic Message Board

Our Lady of Good Help pilgrimage

Feankie

The Order of Malta is sponsoring a pilgrimage to the Shrine of Our Lady of Good Help right here in my backyard!  Well, it's not REALLY in my backyard, but in Champion, WI which is next to Green Bay, WI which is about 2 hours from my house.  All 3 Associations in the U.S. are involved in this and we are inviting malades who are too sick to go to Lourdes but could make this trip.  Malta hopes to make this an annual pilgrimaged and greatly expand it.  It's in August right before the Packers start playing or else there would be NO hotel rooms for miles.  There is also a seminary up there that we will be attending Mass at, but the name escapes me at the moment.

The Shrine itself is out in the country and is very humble.  I think they are looking to Malta to help expand/ renovate it to make it more handicap accessible.

My question is.....do any of you have a devotion to Our Lady of Good Help?  What prayers are there?  A chaplet? Do you know much about this only approved Marian apparition in the U.S.?  I'm doing some searching on the 'net about her as I don't really know anything about Mary under this title.  Yes, I'm "doing it on my own" but thought I'd ask for a little help from my friends.  This may not be the place to post this but you people have all the answers :)