An Old School Catholic Message Board

Technical help needed

juchu

Dear phatmassers, 

is there one of you that could help me out with a question who knows a bit more about technology than me?

Which possibilities are there to stream online (voice only) prayer times? Given that we have a sound system that is highly modern and can theoretically everything (when we find out how to use it) and that can be connected to the internet. This part we have to find out ourselves, but it is said to be possible. 

But my question is the "internet" part. Is there are a program, or something that could help to "manage" something like this? We have quite an old webpage - which is will take quite some more time to be renewed - so I started of a year ago with a facebook page to have some more up to date news. Is there a way to make a separate new simple webpage only for the streaming of the office, which later on, can be included in a new webpage via a link (and for the moment also in the old one).

Are there any of your communities who have already experience with this? Or a technik freak that can give me some advice so that I can make a better suggestion and see more realistically how much time that would take and if I would be capable to do it?

Thank you a lot!

Juchu, I'm technologically hopeless, so I hope that there are others better able to will answer this. But, from the community that I know that did this, it did require investing in quite expensive equipment, although I'm not sure what that was. However, that was a few years ago, so perhaps things have become more affordable since then.

I also see that the Monastery of the Holy Transfiguration does it through a site called ustream (whereas all the other communities I know have it on their own websites), so you might want to have a look on there to find out more and there may be other similar sites...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/orthodox-monastery-ellwood-city-chapel

But hopefully someone more knowledgeable will respond...

Actually, come to think of it, I'm not sure if it was the equipment that was expensive or the ongoing costs. I think that it may have been the latter.

The sisters at ANunsLife.org often stream evening prayer. Go to the website and you will find a link.

Thank you already the two of you very much for your answer. Ustream looks almost to advanced for us, since we really do only want audio streaming. I will check out with the sisters at anunslife, this looks exactly like what we would like to have.