An Old School Catholic Message Board

Rancher Nuns

Pax17

TheresaThoma

I have been to this Abbey for a retreat. It is really a wonderful place. It is great to see they have many Sisters in formation!

(The Sisters jokingly refer to the black and white Great Dane you see in the video as their porter. He is very friendly and likes to greet everyone!).

Thanks, Gabriela...I am a very long-time (8+ years) lurker who stops by every so often to see how everyone's doing.

TheresaToma, I never realized how much land the sisters had...that scenery is breathtaking.  And, I loved the dog...:)

Not too long ago someone else shared a different video of these nuns, and I enjoyed them both.  They seem like wonderful sisters and if God wanted me to be a bennie Id probably go there.

TheresaThoma

TheresaToma, I never realized how much land the sisters had...that scenery is breathtaking.  And, I loved the dog...:)

​They are pretty much tucked up into the valley/canyon. Between the Guest house and the monastery itself it is 3/4 of a mile (breakfast was at the guest house but Mass lunch and dinner were at the monastery). And I would estimate they monastery is about at the midpoint of the valley. Behind the monastery is cloister so I don't know for sure.