An Old School Catholic Message Board

Periscope

franciscanheart

It's really hard to find things I like on Periscope. I think the app would benefit greatly if there was a search or categories feature.

franciscanheart

It's really hard to find things I like on Periscope. I think the app would benefit greatly if there was a search or categories feature.

I think that's a good idea. Maybe it'll be something work into a future release. I know there are a number of scopers who host broadcasts that allow people to write into the chat the kind of scopes they do so that you can find scopers with similar interests. I've never really found anyone worth following through those though.

My best scope experiences have come just from browsing around the globe. I rarely look in the US because, well, it's the US.

What kind of content are you looking for? I would think if you followed half the people that watch your scopes regularly, you'd have a pretty good start.

The iOS version did too but we just got a release yesterday. I can't wait for you to join and see all I'm seeing! I got to watch some very traditional Swedish midsommar festivities today and I visited Paris as usual. The Louvre is amazing. I love the pyramid!

I know someone who's life dream is to go to the Louvre. Can they do that with this app? If so I'll let them know lol.

franciscanheart

I know someone who's life dream is to go to the Louvre. Can they do that with this app? If so I'll let them know lol.

Yep! EuroMaestro goes to the Mona Lisa every Wednesday and somehow always ends up being on the front row, no obstructions. ClaireWad lives in Paris and goes to the Louvre almost daily. Claire will also do private scopes for a fee.

Edited by franciscanheart

franciscanheart

I'm about to unfollow EuroMaestro. He makes my phone yoohoo too much.

I hear that. I turned off notifications for him and turned on person-specific notifications on Twitter for Zoe and Claire.

Amor vincit omnia

I hear that. I turned off notifications for him and turned on person-specific notifications on Twitter for Zoe and Claire.

How do you turn on person-specific notifications to know when certain periscopes are going on??

franciscanheart

How do you turn on person-specific notifications to know when certain periscopes are going on??

You can't do that yet, though it's a feature I've discussed with many and we all agree it would be an excellent addition. We think some kind of favorites list would help to control what is now a ridiculous number of notifications each day.

Right now, I follow everyone I can on Twitter and have their twitter notifications on. Then, if they broadcast and post a notification to Twitter, I know and can watch the scope. If they don't, I often miss it. Sometimes I get lucky and catch someone when I happen to have free time and am perusing, but mostly I'm okay just catching those that post to Twitter when broadcasting.

Amor vincit omnia

You can't do that yet, though it's a feature I've discussed with many and we all agree it would be an excellent addition. We think some kind of favorites list would help to control what is now a ridiculous number of notifications each day.

Right now, I follow everyone I can on Twitter and have their twitter notifications on. Then, if they broadcast and post a notification to Twitter, I know and can watch the scope. If they don't, I often miss it. Sometimes I get lucky and catch someone when I happen to have free time and am perusing, but mostly I'm okay just catching those that post to Twitter when broadcasting.

Thank you for posting Euro Maestro! I hooked on watching him on Periscope! 

In setting on Periscope I turned on the notification that tells me when Users go Live that way if I have the time I can watch it!

franciscanheart

Thank you for posting Euro Maestro! I hooked on watching him on Periscope! 

In setting on Periscope I turned on the notification that tells me when Users go Live that way if I have the time I can watch it!

You will only regret that if you start following too many people -- or you follow people who see fit to broadcast 28 times each day. I have @Clairewad and @ZoeLaughlin set to send notifications via Twitter because I enjoy their scopes so much. I only watch when I have time, but I always want to know what (or if) they are scoping.

Unrelated to the above, it's exciting to see another phatmasser enjoying Periscope! I'm glad you've found someone you like. @Omaniblog, I think, is the one who reads poetry or something. He's nice. I've also taken a liking to @Collumend, though I'm not sure I've ever seen him scope. His name is Simon and he's almost always in Claire's scopes.