An Old School Catholic Message Board

Question for you all

sr.christinaosf

sr.christinaosf

Dear Phatmass frequenters:

I wanted to check in with you about a little concern.  I started a blog for our religious community of Franciscan Sisters of Dillingen (in North Dakota) this past February.  Since then, I've posted quite a few of my articles (that I thought would be of interest to people) here on the Vocations Station section of Phatmass. Quite a few people have followed a link to visit the blog, which I was  glad to see.  However, I don't want to be a nuisance, or be posting stuff that I shouldn't.  So my question is, is that appropriate to be sharing things like that here or not? 

Thank you and God bless you all.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Dear Phatmass frequenters:

I wanted to check in with you about a little concern.  I started a blog for our religious community of Franciscan Sisters of Dillingen (in North Dakota) this past February.  Since then, I've posted quite a few of my articles (that I thought would be of interest to people) here on the Vocations Station section of Phatmass. Quite a few people have followed a link to visit the blog, which I was  glad to see.  However, I don't want to be a nuisance, or be posting stuff that I shouldn't.  So my question is, is that appropriate to be sharing things like that here or not? 

Thank you and God bless you all.

​I can only speak for myself, but I like the articles you post. And, if your posts on Phatmass have brought more traffic to your blog, all the better! 

It's good to have as many Communities as possible represented on Vocation Station, so discerners can get a sense of the different charisms and apostolates of various Orders and Communities, as well as the differences between the lives of cloistered nuns and active Religious Sisters. Not to mention that the posts of those who are currently in religious life are always helpful, because you can comment from your actual experience!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

Sister, be assured you are not a nuisance! I agree with Iggy, your articles are always so enjoyable and they give me a simple way to reflect on what you've talked about. Also especially this:

It's good to have as many Communities as possible represented on Vocation Station, so discerners can get a sense of the different charisms and apostolates of various Orders and Communities, as well as the differences between the lives of cloistered nuns and active Religious Sisters. Not to mention that the posts of those who are currently in religious life are always helpful, because you can comment from your actual experience!

​The bold especially because your insights have been very helpful to me and I'm sure many others as well who just don't post that often. There are a lot of lurkers here who I am sure benefit from your blog as well as your posts! But Iggy basically voiced my exact thoughts :like2: 

God bless you and your community Sister!

Sister, I enjoy reading the articles on your blog and I think it's great to have religious active in Vocation Station. :) However, rather than posting a new thread for every blog post, I think it would be better to have one dedicated thread for all of them - that way people can follow along more easily, and it might open more discussion of what you write.

Sister, I enjoy reading the articles on your blog and I think it's great to have religious active in Vocation Station. :) However, rather than posting a new thread for every blog post, I think it would be better to have one dedicated thread for all of them - that way people can follow along more easily, and it might open more discussion of what you write.

​Agreed.

sr.christinaosf

I was thinking about your response (the suggestion of just opening one single thread).  I was wondering, though, if I do it that way people wouldn't really know if they are interested in the new post without opening the thread.  If I continue doing each one as a new thread, the title gives people a clue as to whether or not they are interested in reading it.  What do you think?  Thanks!

Sister, I think if you used a thread title such as "Insights from the Life of a Franciscan Sister", you'd get a lot of interested readers from Vocation Station (and new users googling terms such as "a day in the life of a nun" or "how do Franciscans live" are more likely to find the thread too). Some of your thread titles so far haven't been that clear about the topic - "You want dishes for the week?!", for example. Titles like that are fine on your blog, because people who have reached the blog can already see what they're reading - posts about life in a Franciscan convent! - but they don't work so well on a forum.

IgnatiusofLoyola

Sister, I think if you used a thread title such as "Insights from the Life of a Franciscan Sister", you'd get a lot of interested readers from Vocation Station (and new users googling terms such as "a day in the life of a nun" or "how do Franciscans live" are more likely to find the thread too). Some of your thread titles so far haven't been that clear about the topic - "You want dishes for the week?!", for example. Titles like that are fine on your blog, because people who have reached the blog can already see what they're reading - posts about life in a Franciscan convent! - but they don't work so well on a forum.

​Excellent suggestion Beatitude! I had never even thought about the titles of Sr. Christina's posts because once I saw that she had made a post, I knew I'd be interested. But, I think having Sr. Christina's posts in one thread will work out well--and the thread title "Insights from the Life of a Franciscan Sister" is excellent! 

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

:o)Katherine:o)

​Great Suggestion Beatitude!

As a newbie I still from time to time do searches on topics of interest of previous threads. It would be easier for someone especially someone new to read your articles and such  in your thread. I look forward to following it! :)

sr.christinaosf

It is set and started under the suggested heading of: "Insights from the Life of a Franciscan Sister."

sr.christinaosf

I added another post as a reply - am I doing this right?  Unfortunately, the newer posts go to the bottom as replies this way.