reelguy227 Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 (edited) hey all, i was just wondering who is homeschooled and who isnt ,if you are, reply, if you arent reply anyways !!!Lets all talk about war and peace. WHO READ IT NOT ME LOL!.peace out ,oh yeah i forgot ,im homeschooled by the way.its a blast im going into my junior year . reelguy227 Edited June 14, 2004 by reelguy227
ilovechrist Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 awesome! good thread idea. i'm homeschooled... i'm also class of 2006 (there's a couple others here that are '06 as well!). war and peace? BORING.. Lakers are gonna win tonight--now there's a great thing to be happy about!
crusader1234 Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 I'm at a Jesuit school, currently contemplating switching to public school.
reelguy227 Posted June 14, 2004 Author Posted June 14, 2004 [quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jun 13 2004, 09:31 PM'] awesome! good thread idea. i'm homeschooled... i'm also class of 2006 (there's a couple others here that are '06 as well!). war and peace? BORING.. Lakers are gonna win tonight--now there's a great thing to be happy about! [/quote] go pistons ,the lakers are like the yankees of basketball ,they just keep on winning only because of shaq and koby that is .
ilovechrist Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 public? WHY? homeschooling is the way2go. don't let anybody tell you differently--they're wrong
ilovechrist Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 [quote name='reelguy227' date='Jun 13 2004, 10:43 PM'] go pistons ,the lakers are like the yankees of basketball ,they just keep on winning only because of shaq and koby that is . [/quote] ouch. did i mention i have both Shaq's and Derek Jeter's jerseys? Lakers rule! it's not just cuz of kobe and shaq. LOOK at the game right now! kobe has 5 points. big wh00p. Yankees (AL) and Pirates (NL) rule! (though my pitt boys haven't been doing too well lately..)
reelguy227 Posted June 14, 2004 Author Posted June 14, 2004 do yu like foot ball ?go packers !!!!brett favre is awesome.who do yu homschool with ?im with seton.
Colleen Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 [quote name='reelguy227' date='Jun 13 2004, 09:52 PM'] do yu like foot ball ?go packers !!!!brett favre is awesome.who do yu homschool with ?im with seton. [/quote] Go Packers! I love Brett Favre, lol. Umm, back on topic. I was homeschooled for 2 and 1/2 years. I loved it.
ilovechrist Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 lol yes back on topic ( Lakers aren't out yet.. ) um... in response to reelguy's statement.. a strict curriculum? NO way. i used seton for 1-2nd grade, and by then i HAD it. i use a combination now. this year i took AP English History and Lit through a homeschool dad in the area... --he makes his own curriculum Biology 1 thru another dad... we used Dr. Wile's book Spanish 1-from another curriculum Jacobs Geometry and SO much more... that way i can pick and choose, and everything works out GREAT
~*AnCoRa33*~ Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 I homeschooled for 7 years!! I went to a private school in 6th grade but stayed behind because they didn't HAVE a 6th grade (add a grade every year) but they do all honor classes........ NOW!! I'm skipping 8th grade and going to high school next year!!! YAY!!! Oh yeah, at the beginning we did mixed curriculum... then we did Seton...BLAH!! I NEVER did the book reports though....... I just got an "I" in Lit..... I didn't really care................. I'm doing okay now at school, I have 100%!!!!
Paladin D Posted June 14, 2004 Posted June 14, 2004 Been homeschooled all my life, I'm entering 12 Grade (Senior) soon.
reelguy227 Posted June 14, 2004 Author Posted June 14, 2004 [quote name='~*AnCoRa33*~' date='Jun 14 2004, 12:59 PM'] I homeschooled for 7 years!! I went to a private school in 6th grade but stayed behind because they didn't HAVE a 6th grade (add a grade every year) but they do all honor classes........ NOW!! I'm skipping 8th grade and going to high school next year!!! YAY!!! Oh yeah, at the beginning we did mixed curriculum... then we did Seton...BLAH!! I NEVER did the book reports though....... I just got an "I" in Lit..... I didn't really care................. I'm doing okay now at school, I have 100%!!!! [/quote] so yu are saying youre with seton now right ?i dont think i understood what yu were fully saying.homeschooling rocks doesnt it ,star wars rocks also ,nice avatar paladin d,and may the force be with yu,lol!!!im a die hard star wars fan ,star wars is the best!!
ilovechrist Posted June 15, 2004 Posted June 15, 2004 [quote name='Paladin D' date='Jun 14 2004, 02:51 PM'] Been homeschooled all my life, I'm entering 12 Grade (Senior) soon. [/quote] now THAT is [i]awesome[/i]
zwergel88 Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Wow! I can't believe that all you guys are homeschooled. I've been goin to public school for 10 years, and I just now switched to a private school. I always asked my parents if I could be homeschooled but they wouldn't let me, so it's pretty cool to hear that many people actually are homeschooled.
crusader1234 Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 If I switched to homeschool it'd be weird, after being around people. It'd kind of make me an outcast with all my friends...
ilovechrist Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 15 2004, 10:35 PM'] If I switched to homeschool it'd be weird, after being around people. It'd kind of make me an outcast with all my friends... [/quote] NOOOOOOOOO it wouldn't! you gotta do it.. i have more of a social life then many public schoolers that i know--it's kinda scary
yiannii Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I go to a State school, you wouldn't catch my dead in any of the local anti-Catholic schools. Opps did I just day that?
yiannii Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I think State schools are a lot different to the State or public schools in da US. Is it true that they have metal detectors?
ilovechrist Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='yiannii' date='Jun 16 2004, 08:06 AM'] I think State schools are a lot different to the State or public schools in da US. Is it true that they have metal detectors? [/quote] metal detectors?!
yiannii Posted June 17, 2004 Posted June 17, 2004 this girl at my school said when she was in the us they had random mettle tests to see if ne1 had knives or weapons, also it's been on a few movies too, not that i believe everything i see on tv.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now