An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Church needs to change - but not in the way they all say

franciscanheart

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Look, I really don't want to get into a debate, but your understanding of what the church teaches on natural marriage is flawed.  Obviously, sacramental marriage is better, but a true natural marriage IS marriage. 

This is from wikipedia, but correctly cites the appropriate canons. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_marriage "Natural marriage is the name given in Catholic canon law to the covenant "by which a man and a woman establish between themselves a partnership of the whole of life and which is ordered by its nature to the good of the spouses and the procreation and education of offspring", and is distinguished from a sacramental or Christian marriage, in which the two parties involved are baptized[1][2][3] or Christian marriage.[3][4]"

The magesterium isn't infallible, although the number 1 appointed source of revealing the truth. There are only 6 declared official matters of infallibility. You all think you got it right, thing is although not wrong in the sense that you have a good heart believe and hopefully repent when you sin if indeed you sin, your to assured of yourselves and the church, the church makes mistakes, God doesn't ! My faith is in the head not the body although i do love the body, the holy father has primacy over the church but Christ is the true head. :)

Jesus iz LORD!

Read the P.s.s i added to my profile. Luv yuz, this much... -|-

although the magesterium is a great source of the Truth it is not infallible although the magesterium is a matter of infallible faith and morals. Do you get the difference? RESPECT DAT!

AND STOP HACKING ON ME AND JUST DISCUSS THINGS WITH ME LIKE HUM<AN BEINGS OF EQUAL STANDING AND AUTHORITY. UNLESS YOUR A PRIEST!

OR DEACON!

In fact treat all with equality and love.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am a humble beast but i do have teeth, watch it please and pray to God your not a wolf in sheeps clothing coz i'm a sheep dog and looking for the wolves! Sheep need not fear me, i luv tha sheepies. :)

Nihil Obstat

The magesterium isn't infallible, although the number 1 appointed source of revealing the truth. There are only 6 declared official matters of infallibility. You all think you got it right, thing is although not wrong in the sense that you have a good heart believe and hopefully repent when you sin if indeed you sin, your to assured of yourselves and the church, the church makes mistakes, God doesn't ! My faith is in the head not the body although i do love the body, the holy father has primacy over the church but Christ is the true head. :)

Jesus iz LORD!

although the magesterium is a great source of the Truth it is not infallible although the magesterium is a matter of infallible faith and morals. Do you get the difference? RESPECT DAT!

AND STOP HACKING ON ME AND JUST DISCUSS THINGS WITH ME LIKE HUM<AN BEINGS OF EQUAL STANDING AND AUTHORITY. UNLESS YOUR A PRIEST!

OR DEACON!

The Magisterium is infallible.

franciscanheart

I'm a disabled child of God...

I can't wait to see someone ask you why you need to qualify your human experience in that way.

Credo in Deum

I'm a disabled child of God...

Same.

Jesus iz LORD!

OR DEACON!

giphy.gif

Edited by Credo in Deum

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

The Magisterium is infallible.

Since when? The magesterium is a matter of infallible faith and morals but not infallible. This simply means that the priests bshops pope and deacons have the god given authority to teach, it doesn't mean there always correct although they in general should teach in all sincerity/nihil obstat.

I could be wrong. I'm not perfect. To be perfect like the father is perfect is to have faith in Jesus as he has faith in you. Show me the document that declares that the magesterium is infallible nihil. :)

show us actually.

Nihil Obstat

The Magisterium of the Church

85 "The task of giving an authentic interpretation of the Word of God, whether in its written form or in the form of Tradition, has been entrusted to the living teaching office of the Church alone. Its authority in this matter is exercised in the name of Jesus Christ."47 This means that the task of interpretation has been entrusted to the bishops in communion with the successor of Peter, the Bishop of Rome.

86 "Yet this Magisterium is not superior to the Word of God, but is its servant. It teaches only what has been handed on to it. At the divine command and with the help of the Holy Spirit, it listens to this devotedly, guards it with dedication and expounds it faithfully. All that it proposes for belief as being divinely revealed is drawn from this single deposit of faith."48

87 Mindful of Christ's words to his apostles: "He who hears you, hears me",49 the faithful receive with docility the teachings and directives that their pastors give them in different forms.

The dogmas of the faith

88 The Church's Magisterium exercises the authority it holds from Christ to the fullest extent when it defines dogmas, that is, when it proposes, in a form obliging the Christian people to an irrevocable adherence of faith, truths contained in divine Revelation or also when it proposes, in a definitive way, truths having a necessary connection with these.

89 There is an organic connection between our spiritual life and the dogmas. Dogmas are lights along the path of faith; they illuminate it and make it secure. Conversely, if our life is upright, our intellect and heart will be open to welcome the light shed by the dogmas of faith.50

90 The mutual connections between dogmas, and their coherence, can be found in the whole of the Revelation of the mystery of Christ.51 "In Catholic doctrine there exists an order or hierarchy of truths, since they vary in their relation to the foundation of the Christian faith."52

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

you have proved me correct if that is the only document you can produce, it neither says nore hints that the Magesterium is infallible. 

I am what is called an 'Old Catholic' nihil. And yes i do recieve the teachings of the church with docility. Did you know the reason why the upside down peace sign used to be on the back of the priests? And also do you know why the symbols are now on the front of the priests? We can illuminate one another, i only know a little about a lot and claim neither to be saint nore angel.

Nihil Obstat

you have proved me correct if that is the only document you can produce, it neither says nore hints that the Magesterium is infallible. 

I am what is called an 'Old Catholic' nihil. And yes i do recieve the teachings of the church with docility. Did you know the reason why the upside down peace sign used to be on the back of the priests? And also do you know why the symbols are now on the front of the priests? We can illuminate one another, i only know a little about a lot and claim neither to be saint nore angel.

I will show you detailed vestments.

6c3ynLz.jpg

Now there are vestments. Vestments that mean something. There is the Catholic faith right in front of you.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I am not pre vatican 2 nihil, i am post vatican 2 and believe all the subjects of faith and morals handed down by the current magesterium.

Nihil Obstat

I am not pre vatican 2 nihil, i am post vatican 2 and believe all the subjects of faith and morals handed down by the current magesterium.

Silly me, I thought it was the same Church in the 1200s, 1500s, 1950s, and 2000s.

And, weirdly enough, I did not think they had photography quite like that before the Second Vatican Council. I must have my dates mixed up.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

oh your talking about that other group sspx or whatever there called, also they are not illigitimate. We talked about this years ago, they are like a bastard child but still under the authority of rome as far as i'm aware though not officially allowed to administer the holy sacraments though i guess a communion service they can and do and get there hosts from the tabernacle, and by the way the FSSP is fully legitimate. :)

Nihil Obstat

oh your talking about that other group sspx or whatever there called, also they are not illigitimate. We talked about this years ago, they are like a bastard child but still under the authority of rome as far as i'm aware though not officially allowed to administer the holy sacraments though i guess a communion service they can and do and get there hosts from the tabernacle, and by the way the FSSP is fully legitimate. :)

Nobody mentioned the SSPX. And you do not know what you are talking about.

Edited by Nihil Obstat