An Old School Catholic Message Board

Should Low-Wage Restaurant Workers Be Paid More?

Gabriela

Posted Wednesday at 5:42 AM · Report post

No matter how bad things get, no matter how wrong things go, family will always be there! So treasure the family you have and don’t take them for granted!

When you're down on your luck and you need a helping hand.   Who would you turn to ?

Ans: family family family PHAMILY PHAMILY PHAMILY family family family

Remember, Blood is thicker than water    

IE: The Parable of the Prodigal Son  ( to all you naysayers)

Edited by little2add

Blood is thicker than wateer is a lie invented by undeserving kins.  

what are you think about the  prodigal   son's older brother.   Was he a undeserving Kin?

he didn't exactly welcome his brother back like his father did.  

Edited by little2add

Archaeology cat

Had the prodigal relied on his brother, he wouldn't have gotten assistance, I doubt. And of course, not everyone has family. A person with supportive family with the means to help is truly privileged.

The prodigal son didn't think that his father and/or family would welcome him back he may have imagined that they had contempt for him. 

But that was not the case…

What did the prodigal son’s father do when his lost son returned? 

I say - Never give up on family – never ever

I would give my life for my children, even if they didn’t care for me

Archaeology cat

Oh sure, definitely you can ask. The prodigal son did think he'd get some assistance, just didn't think he'd be welcomed back in the family. Maybe the brother would've let him be a servant, I don't know.

And yes, I'd give my life for my children, too. That doesn't mean all have that - some don't have parents any more, and some have parents who wouldn't help.

Oh sure, definitely you can ask. The prodigal son did think he'd get some assistance, just didn't think he'd be welcomed back in the family. Maybe the brother would've let him be a servant, I don't know.

And yes, I'd give my life for my children, too. That doesn't mean all have that - some don't have parents any more, and some have parents who wouldn't help.

I still think the prodigal son is a heartwarming story despite your  negativism 

it gives me hope 

Archaeology cat

I still think the prodigal son is a heartwarming story despite your  negativism 

it gives me hope 

I agree it's heart-warming! I'm not trying to just be negative, simply pointing out that some people truly cannot turn to family, so that isn't an option for everyone. It's super great when it works out that they can turn to family! That's the way it should be, ideally. It's just that realistically it isn't the way it always works, whether because they don't have family or because their family is unable or unwilling to help.

When I graduated from engineering, my first job was at Wendy's as a bugger-flipper.  

I earned a great respect for people working in fast food restaurants - I don't think I ever met anyone in industry who worked so hard to earn their pay as people working for minimum wage.  

AccountDeleted

Have a little faith

You are obviously very fortunate to have the experience of a supportive family. You are failing to understand that some people come from dysfunctional families where there is no help or support or even love - and in fact, some families are downright dangerous to be around. You can preach faith all you want, but when the mother or father is a drug addict or dealer, or sexual abuser etc, then one is simply better off disconnecting from them completely.

Certainly, if one does have a supportive family, then they should be cherished, but not all are so fortunate. It is just a fact.

I think he's just trolling at this point. Otherwise he's too naive to get it. I would just move on.

trolling for what?

nothing that i have said was inflammatory, extraneous or off topic

Edited by little2add

I work in construction I see a lot of immigrant workers on the job these people travel thousands of miles to find work separated from their families etc.  These workers work long and hard turn their pay, to make good money, but they sacrificed so much... 

I'm sure they could find work Closer home for minimum wage, raising the minimum wage Will not change or improve anything

America was and still is the land of opportunity.

my point is the opportunity to earn a living wage is there if you are willing to work hard.

Edited by little2add