Ancilla Domini

Ancilla Domini

I just received this letter from Sr. Scholastica from the Benedictines of Mary:

---------------

+
PAX

Praised be Jesus Christ!

Dear Families and Friends,

Greetings from Ephesus! I pray this finds you all well! We are so grateful to God for all He has given us especially in these last few weeks, as plans finalize for our two novices-to-be, three solemnly-professed-to-be, and seven postulants-to-be. Since the incoming class is so large, we are breaking it into two groups, with Clara, Beth, Regina and Rosina entering only next month. Adelheid and Maryam-Thomas will follow after Christmas and after their immigration paperwork has cleared. 

That leaves Jessica. I just received a distressing note from Jessica yesterday, saying that she is now despairing of entering with the others even after Christmas. Jessica dropped out of Graduate School at William and Mary as soon as she discerned that she was called among us. She promptly contacted Mater Ecclesiae Fund for Vocations, which has supplied grants to some of our Sisters. Unfortunately, she had just missed the deadline for this year. While she has been working 65-hour workweeks in an attempt to get rid of her educational debt, she is still in need of raising a good amount of money. We are in a bit of a difficult position in that we are not able to involve ourselves in her fundraising on account of our construction, but thought we might be able to send out word in something of a grassroots fashion. Could you all pass on this message and link to your friends and anyone else who might be able to help to see what can be done for Jessica? May God bless and reward you!

--------------

I just thought I'd share this here, in the hopes that you guys might be able to help at all.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Our postulant, Sr. Danielle, just missed the deadline the year before with MEFV so she had to wait a year.

Debt is a huge problem for entering religious life, no doubt about it, but doing crowd funding can be a bit of a sticky issue later if the person leaves.

What we communities need to do is set up our own education fund MEFV style thingy. We hope to after we are done with our construction fundraising! we only have 3.5 million to go! ;)

Ancilla Domini

Did you put this on Catholic Answers, too? And the other (more traddy) forums?

This is actually the only site I'm part of, or I would. If anyone else would like to do that, that'd be great!

This is actually the only site I'm part of, or I would. If anyone else would like to do that, that'd be great!

Okay. It's been posted on Sub Tuum, Suscipe, and CAF.

veritasluxmea

Okay. It's been posted on Sub Tuum, Suscipe, and CAF.

Maybe add fisheaters to that? I'm not a member there but I've visited once in the past year. 

Maybe add fisheaters to that? I'm not a member there but I've visited once in the past year. 

Does Fisheaters have a forum?

puellapaschalis

Does Fisheaters have a forum?

One of the most well-known amongst the traddish, and not without its fair share of drama in the past.

Oh. I had no idea. I thought it was just an informational website.

I'm not a member there. Could someone who's a member post the GoFundMe request there?