An Old School Catholic Message Board

New MFVA friar!

Pia Jesu

The MFVA friars invested Br. James Francis of Mary, Our Tainted Nature's Solitary Boast (the latter taken from a line in William Wordsworth's poem, "The Virgin").  The ceremony was extremely touching.  There will be an encore presentation of the Mass at 12:00AM or see the photos on http://www.facebook.com/FranciscanMissionariesMFVA

Many blessings to you, Br. James Francis!

For more information on the community, log on http://www.franciscanmissionaries.com

That title is intense :huh: 

Yes. I love the poem, but I have to say that my immediate reaction was, "No wonder we aren't getting enough priests. They're being scared off at the starting-post with names like that." :P

Intense wouldn't be my first choice of words !!!!!!   Perhaps bizarre?!  But, who am I to judge  ah..................

I've posted a number of April Fool's Orders over my seven years in this phamily; the members have the silliest, least believable, most obviously couldn't-happen-in-a-million-years names I can come up.

And I could never come up with this one.

I happened to come across his investiture as I was channel surfing and caught the last 30 mins of it.  The part I was was basically him recieving the habit and Fr Anthony's remarks.  I highly recommend anyone watch at least that if they havent already.  Fr Anthony reads the aprt of the poem he chose the title from

Mother! whose virgin bosom was uncrost
With the least shade of thought to sin allied.
Woman! above all women glorified,
Our tainted nature's solitary boast;

Beautiful.  Father's other remarks mentioned how the new friar's mom couldnt be there due to ill health.  His father, brother, and a cousin were there and at one point his father was moved to tears, I was moved to tears.  So while yes he has a long and teasable title I pray for his holiness and perseverance.