VeraMaria Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 15 2004, 07:06 PM'] I don't talk like that. Just so you know, lol. The N is a sub-Nickelodeon channel. It's "Noggin" in the mornings until about four or five in the afternoon, with shows for small children (like four or five.) It then becomes "The N" from about five in the afternoon to five in the morning, with shows for tweeny kids named Amber. But I only watch one, which is Degrassi. It's a Canadian show and I like it so much... that would be a big sacrifice if I couldn't watch it anymore. -_- [/quote] I love the N!!! I dont watch that much TV anymore (after I started High school i had absolutely no time) but i still watched it once in a while...Degrassi n Radio Free Roscoe!!!!!!
crusader1234 Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I always watched the original Degrassi reruns... As for the new show, it is sort of... blah. The old show was up to the minute and cutting with topics like pregnancy and world peace and protesting and stuff. The new show I watched just to see how the times had changed, and it was about some gay guy and his relationships. Then I read in the newspaper about how it convinced kids to start with self mutilation... and as for the new 'free spirit'... its retarded, all she gets mad about is when the principle doesnt let her publish her stupid newspaper. My reccomendation: Watch the old reruns
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote]My reccomendation: Watch the old reruns [/quote] Ditto. No moral qualms about Superman, I Love Lucy, Green Acres, Get Smart, or even All In the Family (which, despite its outward appearance, was actually VERY helpful to integrating society racially).
voiciblanche Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 15 2004, 09:43 PM'] The new show I watched just to see how the times had changed, and it was about some gay guy and his relationships. [/quote] Hmmph. Yeah. I don't watch those episodes. If I see any objectionable material, the TV's off.
Tony Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 There is such a thing as "National turn off your TV Week" but I never partcipate because its during the NHL playoffs hehe
thicke Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 15 2004, 02:27 PM'] I'd be willing to watch only EWTN and FOXNews. [/quote] And how exactly is FOXNews not affiliated with the Fox Network? Have you seen the shows they have?
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote] And how exactly is FOXNews not affiliated with the Fox Network? Have you seen the shows they have? [/quote] I have to get my news somewhere! My local paper is the Omaha World-Herald, which is on the pro-life ban. CNN is terribly tilted. FOX News may be affiliated with the other Fox Networks, but it's only the main channel for Fox that has so much immorality. The people at FoxNews often denounce the kinds of stunts pulled on the other parts of the network. FoxNews, regardless of its affiliation, is the best news source on television.
thicke Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I was freaked out the other day. The local PBS channel was showing a bio of the Little Flower.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote] I was freaked out the other day. The local PBS channel was showing a bio of the Little Flower. [/quote] Really? That's .
thicke Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I sometimes feel FoxNews has too conservative a slant. But, I guess it's going to go one way or another no matter what. I guess I would rather have it be too conservative than too liberal.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote] I sometimes feel FoxNews has too conservative a slant. But, I guess it's going to go one way or another no matter what. I guess I would rather have it be too conservative than too liberal. [/quote] I honestly don't think they do, if you just watch the news shows. One of the main mistakes with the assertion that they are too conservative is that people take the editorial shows as news shows. They're editorials and that's plainly obvious. I've never seen a show where they don't try to get a person from each side of the debate.
P3chrmd Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Sorry...I love TV! I mean I watch EWTN and Fox News...but I also watch Charmed, The Nanny, Golden Gilrs, I Love Lucy, THe Andy Griffith Show, Any Day Now, and others! I just love TV
XIX Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 If you're gonna boycott one channel make it MTV. Aside from the obvious reasons, they are also rumored to be Planned Parenthood's biggest contributor. I know they are very big for the P.P. Should be interesting to see how/if people respond to this. This post has already been interesting.
voiciblanche Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I'm already boycotting MTV. Fuse is better, anyway. Hehe.
Lil Red Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 we recently got Bresnan, and took off MTv. Cost $10, but well worth it.
voiciblanche Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 What is Bresnan? And good call takin' off MTV.
homeschoolmom Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='thicke' date='Jun 16 2004, 01:29 PM'] I was freaked out the other day. The local PBS channel was showing a bio of the Little Flower. [/quote] Imagine my surprise to see Veggietales on PBS!
Lil Red Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 16 2004, 01:55 PM'] What is Bresnan? And good call takin' off MTV. [/quote] Bresnan Cable. It's for a five state area including my state.
thicke Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 16 2004, 01:35 PM'] I've never seen a show where they don't try to get a person from each side of the debate. [/quote] I've seen interviewers favor the conservative side before, not all the time but sometimes...
curtins Posted June 17, 2004 Posted June 17, 2004 DEFINATLY boycott mtv- I hate it. Not only do they promote the TOTAL misuse of sex (contraceptives, pre marriage sex, etc) in their shows and website, but THEY PLAY HORRIBLE MUSIC. IF you ever watched School of Rock youll know what I mean. but we gotta keep fox news cuz bill oreilly rocks and history channel cuz mail call rocks and I like military stuff which history channel has and I DONT GET EWTN- ahhh!!!! I love Mother Angelica but I heard she had a stroke or sumthing. and we gotta keep FOOD NETWORK-yea food!!!!! and of course like tnt for movies and comedy central for some laughs but thats about it
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now