An Old School Catholic Message Board

Kentucky Clerk, Kim Davis

KnightofChrist

Inside the Vatican: Letter #38, 2015: Kim and Francis (http://insidethevatican.com/news/letter-38-2015-kim-and-francis)

September 29, 2015 by Robert Moynihan

[...]

On Thursday, September 24, in the afternoon after his historic address to Congress, just a few minutes before flying to New York City, Pope Francis received, spoke with, and embraced Kim Davis — the Kentucky County Clerk who was jailed in early September for refusing to sign the marriage licenses of homosexual couples who wished to have their civil marriages certified by the state of Kentucky.

Also present was Kim’s husband, Joe Davis.

Kim and her husband had come to Washington for another purpose — Kim was to receive a “Cost of Discipleship” award on Friday, September 25, from The Family Research Council at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.

Thank you for your courage

Pope Francis entered the room.

Kim greeted him, and the two embraced.

There is no recording of this conversation, or photographs, as far as I know. But “there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come to light.” (Luke 8:17)

Kim Davis gave me this account of the meeting shortly after it took place.

“The Pope spoke in English,” she told me. “There was no interpreter. ‘Thank you for your courage,’ Pope Francis said to me. I said, ‘Thank you, Holy Father.’ I had asked a monsignor earlier what was the proper way to greet the Pope, and whether it would be appropriate for me to embrace him, and I had been told it would be okay to hug him. So I hugged him, and he hugged me back. It was an extraordinary moment. ‘Stay strong,’ he said to me. Then he gave me a rosary as a gift, and he gave one also to my husband, Joe. I broke into tears. I was deeply moved.

“Then he said to me, ‘Please pray for me.’ And I said to him, ‘Please pray for me also, Holy Father.’ And he assured me that he would pray for me.”

Joe told Kim that he would give his rosary to her mother, who is a Catholic. And Kim then said that she would give her rosary to her father, who is also a Catholic.

Continue reading... http://insidethevatican.com/news/letter-38-2015-kim-and-francis

Edited by KnightofChrist

w

Joe told Kim that he would give his rosary to her mother, who is a Catholic. And Kim then said that she would give her rosary to her father, who is also a Catholic.

That is kind of sad, actually. :(

Perhaps, but what a great gift to give to one's parents.

Yeah thats what I thought!! Its a cool thing to get that from the Pope, but it would  mean more to someone who is actually catholic and Im sure that was his intention. I doubt it was because he didnt appreciate them in the first place.

Inside the Vatican: Letter #38, 2015: Kim and Francis (http://insidethevatican.com/news/letter-38-2015-kim-and-francis)

September 29, 2015 by Robert Moynihan

[...]

On Thursday, September 24, in the afternoon after his historic address to Congress, just a few minutes before flying to New York City, Pope Francis received, spoke with, and embraced Kim Davis — the Kentucky County Clerk who was jailed in early September for refusing to sign the marriage licenses of homosexual couples who wished to have their civil marriages certified by the state of Kentucky.

Also present was Kim’s husband, Joe Davis.

Kim and her husband had come to Washington for another purpose — Kim was to receive a “Cost of Discipleship” award on Friday, September 25, from The Family Research Council at the Omni Shoreham Hotel.

Thank you for your courage

Pope Francis entered the room.

Kim greeted him, and the two embraced.

There is no recording of this conversation, or photographs, as far as I know. But “there is not any thing secret that shall not be made manifest, nor hidden, that shall not be known and come to light.” (Luke 8:17)

Kim Davis gave me this account of the meeting shortly after it took place.

“The Pope spoke in English,” she told me. “There was no interpreter. ‘Thank you for your courage,’ Pope Francis said to me. I said, ‘Thank you, Holy Father.’ I had asked a monsignor earlier what was the proper way to greet the Pope, and whether it would be appropriate for me to embrace him, and I had been told it would be okay to hug him. So I hugged him, and he hugged me back. It was an extraordinary moment. ‘Stay strong,’ he said to me. Then he gave me a rosary as a gift, and he gave one also to my husband, Joe. I broke into tears. I was deeply moved.

“Then he said to me, ‘Please pray for me.’ And I said to him, ‘Please pray for me also, Holy Father.’ And he assured me that he would pray for me.”

Continue reading... http://insidethevatican.com/news/letter-38-2015-kim-and-francis

The liberal "meanstream" media is going into hissy fits of rage and denial over this incident.

dominicansoul

we all know where the Church stands and believes when it comes to marriage...and a person handing out pieces of paper to couples isn't it...

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. It's been a very long time since the last post I wrote here. I'm sorry both for my English and for the fact I haven't read the whole conversation. This is very interesting to me as in Italy in these months government is discussing a law on gay marriages. It's a very hard battle as many people (me included) don't want this law. I must say at the beginning I wasn't so contrary, but slowly, reding, searching, looking for informations, I've changed my mind, not only for religious reasons but most of all because I've realize marriage is for children and children have the right to have a mother and a father. So, we, from Italy, see Kim Davis like a person who acted following her conscience and the fact that now she is in jail is a very despotic act. She could have been simply removed from her job, but being in jail means an act of force, an antidemocratic act. And, let me say, the "gay thought" is in itself a completely ideological antidemocratic thing.

All media hype and nonsense to the contrary, neither Pope Francis nor the Catholic Church supports civil "gay marriage" or its imposition by the State.  (And Pope Francis has elsewhere voiced his support for conscientious objectors to unjust laws.)

The Church's moral and social teachings have not reversed, nor will they.

Yeah, this is true, But I've realized this is not only a matter of faith, this is simply a matter of reason. I say this because those who support gay marriage often say that religious persons can't "impose" their views on civil rights, that the Vatican can't decide which laws Italy should have or not...but the fact is that most of all gay marriage is against reason because it implies that children can have two mothers or two fathers but we all know children always come from a man and a woman. Now there are new tecnichs that allow people to conceive in clinics without having sex, and , also there is this thing of surrogacy that in Italy is forbidden and illegal but people who want children this way go abroad where this inhuman practice is legal...These are very important ethic points. I think this goes against human rights. To use and pay people for reproductive reasons..., to deny a child the right to know their real parents, to deny children to have a mother (in male gay couples). It's all so unfair, but I find appalling that it seems that the "gay thought" has  gained so many points in the people all around the world. It's a very powerful lobby without doubt, and I fear that soon or later we too will have this infamous law!

Yeah, this is true, But I've realized this is not only a matter of faith, this is simply a matter of reason. I say this because those who support gay marriage often say that religious persons can't "impose" their views on civil rights, that the Vatican can't decide which laws Italy should have or not...

They do say that, but we can and we should. In fact we must. 

I saw this picture of Kim Davis online with something about her divorces, "but it doesn't matter because Jesus." Caption something like: Preaching the gospel inadvertently.

• 2 weeks later...
LionHeartedCrusader

In U.S. Politics, there is a thing called 'Political Accommodation" where essentially a job is given to someone and they accept the job WITHIN the confines of the circumstance they are presently in, yet it changes for the worse according to their beliefs in the future, so the government 'Accommodates' for that person's beliefs/religion/etc. and will assign someone else to the post that is, for the original person, most bothersome to their conscience. This happens constantly in the U.S. and I'm even quite surprised this blew up, however, the main reason I personally believe it blew up was more pushing of the political agenda. Back when Roe V. Wade was passed into law, a judge/mediator etc. could refuse to take a case involving a woman wanting to get a court order for a specific situation regarding an abortion she wanted. This case would be passed on to another Judge who would do the mainstream society's bidding. 

Davis was correct in not doing it, it was PERFECTLY within the law, plus SHE doesn't assign this job to someone else however, her higher ups would do that themselves. And as far as her 'Divorce issues' go, we cannot judge that, we don't know ANYTHING about the situation other than what the mainstream media is telling us, we just need to pray for her and her conversion. HOWEVER, no matter the situation, this has nothing to do with the fact that BY LAW she should have been given an accommodation like anyone else would have. This was most likely well thought and planned in advance.