Azriel Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Here for your viewing pleasure is the General Silliness Thread. Many moons ago, I began a General Silliness thread. And, being I'm too lazy to find it, I bring to you V2.0. This thread is for your inner child, your outter child, the child next door ... whatever. If it makes you feel silly, giggle, or smile bring it here. Be silly for your Pham. Its good for the soul.
Azriel Posted June 16, 2004 Author Posted June 16, 2004 Karl Rahner, Hans Kung and Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger all die on the same day, and go to meet St. Peter to know their fate. St. Peter approaches the three of them, and tells them that he will interview each of them to discuss their views on various issues. He then points at Rahner and says "Karl! In my office..." After 4 hours, the door opens, and Rahner comes stumbling out of St. Peter's office. He is highly distraught, and is mumbling things like "Oh God, that was the hardest thing I've ever done! How could I have been so wrong! So sorry...never knew..." He stumbles off into Heaven, a testament to the mercy of Our God. St. Peter follows him out, and sticks his finger in Kung's direction and "Hans! You're next..." After 8 hours, the door opens, and Kung comes out, barely able to stand. He is near collapse with weakness and a crushed spirit. He , too, is mumbling things like "Oh God, that was the hardest thing I've ever done! How could I have been so wrong! So sorry...never knew..." He stumbles off into Heaven, a testament to the mercy of Our God. Lastly, St. Peter, emerging from his office, says to Cardinal Ratzinger, "Joseph, your turn." TWELVE HOURS LATER, St. Peter stumbles out the door, apparently exhausted, saying "Oh God, that's the hardest thing I've ever done..."
Carrie Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Truth Through Children's Eyes A little boy wanted $100.00 very badly and prayed for weeks, but nothing happened. Then he decided to write God a letter requesting the $100.00. When the postal authorities received the letter to God, USA, they decided to send it to the President. The president was so amused that he instructed his secretary to send the little boy a $5.00 bill. The president thought this would appear to be a lot of money to a little boy. The little boy was delighted with the $5.00 bill and sat down to write a thank-you note to God, which read: Dear God: Thank you very much for sending the money. However, I noticed that for some reason you sent it through Washington, D.C., and, as usual, those turkeys deducted $95.00 in taxes.
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Hmmm...95% tax...this must have been during the Clinton administration... Not to mention that he made $450,000 per year by the time he left office and charged $200,000 for staying in the Lincoln bedroom...he was cheap enough to send back only $5... Not to mention that he would consider himself to be God...
voiciblanche Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 (edited) [quote name='Raphael' date='Jun 16 2004, 01:12 PM'] Hmmm...95% tax...this must have been during the Clinton administration... Not to mention that he made $450,000 per year by the time he left office and charged $200,000 for staying in the Lincoln bedroom...he was cheap enough to send back only $5... Not to mention that he would consider himself to be God... [/quote] :crackup: Edited June 16, 2004 by littleflower+JMJ
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote]:crackup: [/quote] Actually, I had a personal problem with the Lincoln bedroom scandal, that affected a family member.
Carrie Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 no seriousness in here guys. Stick to silly and fun.
homeschoolmom Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 Sorry... must post this somewhere... HSbaby just gave HSdad a bloody nose... hehehehe... naughty baby...
Soldier4Him Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 There was a massive flood, and a man went to his roof as the waters rose around him. A boat came by and offered to save him. The man said "No, my faith is in God. He will save me." A half hour later another boat came by to save him. The man said, "Go away, God alone will save me!" Another hour later, the water was up to the man's neck and a helicopter flew overhead and dropped a ladder, telling him to climb up. The man said, "God will save me!" Needless to say, the man drowned. He went to heaven and was met by St Peter. He asked him, "I put my complete faith in God. I trusted him to save me! Why didn't he?" St Peter was perplexed and said "I'll go find out" and was off to talk with God. A few minutes later he came back, an extremely confused look on his face. He said to the man, "I just don't understand it. He said he sent two boats and a helicopter!"
homeschoolmom Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='theculturewarrior' date='Jun 16 2004, 05:33 PM'] Once I conned a pickpocket out of $2.00. [/quote] oh man... don't mess with TCW!!
Soldier4Him Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 I played a pickpocket once. In Oliver. (the play)
Carrie Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 16 2004, 07:23 PM'] Sorry... must post this somewhere... HSbaby just gave HSdad a bloody nose... hehehehe... naughty baby... [/quote] no way!!! I don't mean to laugh but.... How did HSbaby manage that?
VeraMaria Posted June 16, 2004 Posted June 16, 2004 The Lord on Billboards That "Love Thy Neighbor" thing... I meant it. -The Lord I love you and you and you and you and... -The Lord Will the road you're on get you to my place? -The Lord Follow me. -The Lord We need to talk! -The Lord Big bang theory, you've got to be kidding. -The Lord My way is the highway. -The Lord Need directions? -The Lord You think it's hot here? -The Lord Have you read my #1 best seller? There will be a test. -The Lord Do you have any idea where you're going? -The Lord Don't make me come down there. -The Lord What part of "Thou shalt not" don't you understand? -The Lord
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 17, 2004 Posted June 17, 2004 [quote] The Lord on Billboards That "Love Thy Neighbor" thing... I meant it. -The Lord I love you and you and you and you and... -The Lord Will the road you're on get you to my place? -The Lord Follow me. -The Lord We need to talk! -The Lord Big bang theory, you've got to be kidding. -The Lord My way is the highway. -The Lord Need directions? -The Lord You think it's hot here? -The Lord Have you read my #1 best seller? There will be a test. -The Lord Do you have any idea where you're going? -The Lord Don't make me come down there. -The Lord What part of "Thou shalt not" don't you understand? -The Lord [/quote] There's a billboard in Omaha with a bottle of water pouring into a glass, but the water is changing to wine as it falls...and the sign reads "Got Faith?"...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now