An Old School Catholic Message Board

Pope Francis and Us

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Sponsa-Christi

We've been asked to provide soap for the Holy Father when he comes to Philly!

Are you going to make a special new kind of soap just for him? You could call it "Pope soap" and feature the new variety in your gift shop. (You've probably thought of that already, though!) :)

That's amesome!

Also, I totally second Sponsa-Christi's suggestion. I'm using the Tuscan Herb right now and really like it. He's in Italy—go Tuscan! :P 

I heard an old joke about a couple of guys delivering pizza to the pope. The punch line implied that the pope never pays, he only blesses. And this guy's a Jesuit, so...

Thats pretty amesome Sister!  You probably cant say what soap he will get but Im guessing something from your Gentleman's choice section. 

I wonder if they will get his morning coffee from the Mystic Monks too :coffee:

A Dominican walks into a barbershop to get his hair cut. When the Dominican tries to pay the barber, the barber says, "No, Father, don't pay me - I'm happy to do what I can to help out ." The next morning, the barber finds a dozen rosaries in a box at the front door, with a note from the Dominican thanking him for his thoughtfulness and promising to pray for the barber. 

The next week, a Franciscan walks into the same barbershop. When the Franciscan tries to pay the barber, the barber says, "No, Father, don't pay me - I'm happy to do what I can to help out ." The next morning, the barber finds a dozen loaves of bread in a box at the front door, with a note from the Franciscan thanking him for his thoughtfulness and promising to pray for the barber. 

The next week, a Jesuit walks into the same barbershop. When the Jesuit tries to pay the barber, the barber says, "No, Father, don't pay me - I'm happy to do what I can to help out ." The next morning, the barber finds a dozen Jesuits lined up outside his front door. 

Sister has updated their blog with a post about the soap for the Pope and a photo of the soap department Sisters with basket he will receive (yes its all ready).

http://summitdominicans.org/blog/2015/9/17/soap-for-the-pope  

I really like what Sister said here in the article

Will the nuns be making a special “Pope Soap on a Rope?”

“Absolutely not,” said Sr. Mary Catharine, OP, novice mistress and manager of the soap department at the monastery.

“We are choosing a selection of our soaps that we hope will please the Holy Father.” We try to make all our products the best they can be no matter who uses them. Our soaps and other handcrafted items are the work of our hands and we believe that because we are consecrated to God everything we do, no matter how simple and ordinary, is a participation in the redeeming work of Christ.”

We've been asked to provide soap for the Holy Father when he comes to Philly!

I hope he doesn't take this gift as a pointed message from the Curia that he needs to wash more. :P