An Old School Catholic Message Board

Texas PCPA website

Feankie

The Texas nuns (PCPA's who left Hanceville to found a new monastery) have just launched their new website.   www.texasnuns.com  There were 5 when they left Alabama, looks like 3 now.  The plans for the proposed monastery is contained within the site.  They also have a blog you can follow.

I agree, KatherineH: That's a pretty impressive site. Some of the links aren't live yet, but will be soon no doubt. The design is really extraordinary. They've used the internet as a publishing platform exceptionally well.

These nuns know what's up. :like2:

What is interesting to me is the difference (and there s QUITE a lot) between the websites of the 3 PCPA monasteries that are the daughters of Hanceville.  They are the Texas nuns (see link above), the Phoenix nuns  desertnuns.com   and those at St. Joseph Monastery  stjosephmonastery.com    Same Order, same nuns, different styles with different emphases entirely.

Sr Mary Catharine OP

It' interesting that they seem to have decided to become an active community. They specifically say they have an apostolate outside of the monastery.

There was a line in the movie 'Field of Dreams': I you build it, they will come.  Hopefully when both Texas and St. Josephs build their monasteries, vocations will come. It must be terribly difficult to start a new foundation without somewhere (such as a monastery) to call home. Desert Nuns are doing well, an I hope that the other 2 will as well. 

It' interesting that they seem to have decided to become an active community. They specifically say they have an apostolate outside of the monastery.

Yeah. I wonder if they're doing that to adapt to local needs? What else would be the reason for that?