An Old School Catholic Message Board

For UK Discerners--Upcoming Discernment Retreat with Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph

IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

The Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph in Lymington, England have an upcoming vocation discernment retreat November 20-22 for young women aged 18-35. Here is a link to the announcement of the retreat from the Community's Web page, which includes more information.

http://www.dominicansistersofstjoseph.org/vocation/

The Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph are a small Community, but growing. And, if you read their Web blog, they accomplish an amazing amount for a Community their size!

Unlike many active Dominican Communities, these Sisters are not classroom teachers. Instead, their apostolate includes:

--Retreats for groups, either in the priory or away, for adults, young people, and children.

--Retreats for individuals at their priory. (They have a guesthouse.)

--Summer camps and youth retreats, either in the priory or away. 

--Catechetical work for adults and children.

Although I highlighted UK discerners in the title to this thread, I'm sure that discerners from other countries would be welcome, as well. Alternatively, a discerner could schedule a private retreat with the Sisters at another time. The Community includes Sisters from several countries, including the U.S., France, Germany, and Nigeria. In fact, if you look at the picture of the Community on the Vocation page, two of the Sisters in the front row (on the far left, and in the middle) are from the U.S. and are former Phatmassers, to boot. So obviously, some young women have found it a life-changing experience to make the trip across the Pond (or the Channel) to visit this Community.

I am in contact with Sister Mary Catherine (Phatmasser Laetitia Crucis)--she is the Sister with the black veil at the far left in the first row. So, if you have any specific questions, PM me, and I can pass the questions directly to her. Sister Mary Catherine joined the Dominican Sisters of St. Joseph in 2010 and is very happy (and busy!).

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola