An Old School Catholic Message Board

Happy Thanksgiving!

Not The Philosopher

Well heck then let me come over. One more person won't make a difference!

Everyone is welcome. We always have some people show up that we've never met before. We've got some refugees coming later. 

this vagueness of identity is actually a strength of Canadian cultural identity. 

I could totally see that being true. Y'all have a lot of immigrants. It probably really cuts down on the xenophobia.

Unlike here in the best beaver dam country ever, founded by God Himself... :-\

PhuturePriest

At least, for those of us who follow a more elegant and civilized calendar :|

I was actually in Canada for Canadian Thanksgiving. I was on a weekend visit with my family to see Niagara Falls. As much as it pains me to say it considering how many times I've made fun of it in the past, Canadian money looks really cool.

Not The Philosopher

I was actually in Canada for Canadian Thanksgiving. I was on a weekend visit with my family to see Niagara Falls. As much as it pains me to say it considering how many times I've made fun of it in the past, Canadian money looks really cool.

It is indeed nice and easy to differentiate. If only they didn't make the newest batch really plastic-y and easy-to-stick-together-y

It is indeed nice and easy to differentiate. If only they didn't make the newest batch really plastic-y and easy-to-stick-together-y

I was a cashier when the bills first debuted and we were all in horror about how easily they could stick together.  Not the end of the world if it was two fives - certainly the end of your job if it was hundred dollar bills.  I certainly remember quadruple checking to make sure that they weren't stuck together. 

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving!

Now what exactly are you Canadians thankful for?

:P

naps

and having my thanksgiving further from Christmas than yours so it spaces out the eating a bit more!

veritasluxmea

I was a cashier when the bills first debuted and we were all in horror about how easily they could stick together.  Not the end of the world if it was two fives - certainly the end of your job if it was hundred dollar bills.  I certainly remember quadruple checking to make sure that they weren't stuck together. 

I felt anxiety just reading that. 

dominicansoul

In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving, I present this:

I don't really know the significance of this song, all I know is that every time we had a "talent" night for recreation in the convent, all the Canadian sisters would sing this song...so for me...it's... Canada

Peeps talk about being annoyed by resurrecting old threads...try listening to this song's 5,000,000 verses... :| (and I bet them crazy Canadian Sisters still sing this song to this day...)

In honor of Canadian Thanksgiving, I present this:

I don't really know the significance of this song, all I know is that every time we had a "talent" night for recreation in the convent, all the Canadian sisters would sing this song...so for me...it's... Canada

Peeps talk about being annoyed by resurrecting old threads...try listening to this song's 5,000,000 verses... :| (and I bet them crazy Canadian Sisters still sing this song to this day...)

Thanks for that ds. And it's a good thing that the sisters chose this Stan Roger's song and not Barrett's Privateers...

I would often play his songs while working.  Stan Rogers - a Canadian we lost too soon. 

PhuturePriest

American bills are no different. Every time I get paid with new bills it's almost impossible to separate them. There's a very real risk of accidentally spending two $20s when you only meant to spend one.