An Old School Catholic Message Board

Update and prayers needed

TheresaThoma

HI!

I have some happy news of my own to share. I am now DEBT FREE! I paid off my student loans today! Thanks be to God. It feels a bit unreal to know that I won't have to make another payment on my loans ever again. It is also a bit weird to realize that one of the major obstacles to religious life is no longer a factor for me.

Also I leave early tomorrow morning for another discernment visit. I will be there until Sunday night. I'm really hoping to move forward in my discernment with the community (possibly starting to apply!) but God's Will be done.Please pray for me! I will certainly keep you all in my prayers while I am there.

Hannah

Spem in alium

This is wonderful news!!! Congratulations on paying off your loans! I bet it does feel surreal! 

And great to hear you're visiting the community and hoping to move forward. I will pray for a good visit for you, and for wisdom.

Thats quite a load off of your shoulders and it's a great feeling! Congratulations!!  Prayers and good thoughts to you on your journey! 

Wonderful news T.T . this is some achievement............................Many Congratulations on being debt free. !!

I hope you enjoy your visit to the Community this weekend ......................... Many prayers as you continue your discernment.

The retreat was wonderful! I didn't want to go home at all. I still feel like a little bit of me is there. I'm not starting anything formally to apply but I did have a couple of talks with the prioress and expressed my desire to apply. I know as much as I want to take a more formal step forward is it still rather early for that given they start their formation in the fall. Patience!

I'm already eagerly looking forward to the next time I can go for a visit (possibly this winter for a short visit and then a longer visit in the spring). Thank you for all your prayers!