An Old School Catholic Message Board

Cheap, Clean Places to Stay in Nashville

Gabriela

I'm going to a conference. The hotel rates are insane. Where can a person stay in Nashville for a reasonable price without getting lice or bed bugs?

dominicansoul

Try calling the Nashies...they may have a guest house of some sort you can give them a reasonable donation to stay there...

Try calling the Nashies...they may have a guest house of some sort you can give them a reasonable donation to stay there...

I thought about that, but since they're teaching sisters, I wasn't sure. Does anyone know whether they take in guests?

Try AirBnB? 

What is that?

dominicansoul

I thought about that, but since they're teaching sisters, I wasn't sure. Does anyone know whether they take in guests?

I emailed one of my classmates there, but she's out of the office until October 27th... :(

Basilisa Marie

Basically organized couchsurfing. Except most likely with an actual bed. Same idea though.

Yup, and usually nicer than a cheap hotel. You basically stay in a room in someone's home. Or in someone's vacation house. 

AirBnB.com.

It's worth checking out. 

Uhhhhh... How do I know the person whose home I'd stay in isn't a serial killer? Do they do background checks like Uber or something? And do you pay them?

@dominicansoul: Thank you! The conference isn't till early December, but I do need to find a place by November 1st. The conference is downtown, so something not too far to drive is what I'm looking for. (Obviously I'll need to drive some, since it's the downtown prices I'm trying to avoid.)

Basilisa Marie

No problem. :) I mean, sure, there's definitely an element of risk and the honor system. But I've used it successfully before.  Good luck finding somewhere. :) 

From what I hear, the person who offers their home through AirBnB is typically more at risk than the person staying there, strictly from a liability perspective. :P

Yup, and usually nicer than a cheap hotel. You basically stay in a room in someone's home. Or in someone's vacation house. 

AirBnB.com.

It's worth checking out. 

I booked with someone through AirBnB. After extensive checking-out, it looked amesome. I'm excited to stay there. :)

Thank you so much, Basilisa!