An Old School Catholic Message Board

Goodbye

Strictlyinkblot

On 12/4/2015, 7:50:55, Sr Mary Catharine OP said:

IProbably not, but we'll see!
I'm not "in formation" which is a difference.

I met after your formation or during/Also doesn't "Vita Consecrata" say the religious life is a everlasting vocation?:)

NovemberFourth

I am so pleased and thrilled for you!  (But, between ourselves, is it wrong to be a little bit envious too? ;) :nun1:

NovemberFourth
54 minutes ago, vee said:

pics are up on their blog in case anyone didnt know

She looks so happy!

Prayers for her and her community! 

5 hours ago, NovemberFourth said:
6 hours ago, vee said:

pics are up on their blog in case anyone didnt know

Thank you for sharing these lovely photographs. Sister Aisling looks so joyful, particularly so when Sister Mary Catherine was adjusting her veil.

Edited by Jennifer

IgnatiusofLoyola
On 12/5/2015, 12:51:50, John Paul said:

I met after your formation or during/Also doesn't "Vita Consecrata" say the religious life is a everlasting vocation?:)

JP--You could not have met Sister Mary Catharine (please note the spelling) when she was in formation (that is, before she took Solemn Vows) because you were not born yet. She has been a nun long enough to be Novice Mistress of the Community for a number of years.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

IgnatiusofLoyola

I thought Sister Aisling was entering this evening--shows what I know! It's a good thing I was already praying! In any case, entering earlier probably makes things much easier for the Community and gives Sister Aisling her own special day. 

Sister Aisling looks so happy--for her, the long wait (years!) is over. 

It's always so interesting to see what a Phatmasser looks like in real life. In my case, I remember Sister Aisling from pictures of when she was visiting the Community earlier, so I wasn't surprised. But usually I am surprised! The picture in my head is often very different!

Here is a link to the pictures: http://summitdominicans.org/blog/2015/12/6/welcome-sr-aisling

To quote a secular song: "Every new beginning is some other new beginning's end." This thread is titled "Good-bye" but ends with "Welcome."

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola