An Old School Catholic Message Board

Do you believe in a literal Adam and Eve and a perfect world with no death prior to the alleged fall?

1 minute ago, KnightofChrist said:

So, that doesn't believe she believes in magic. Please Josh avoid the tactics and talking points of militant atheists.

I don't see how an intelligent person denies evolution in 2015.

1 minute ago, marigold said:

I don't know.

Good question though and I think they deserve to be asked. I don't know either.

KnightofChrist
3 minutes ago, Josh said:

So much for Christian charity and your claims of "just asking" questions.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Just now, KnightofChrist said:

So much for Christian charity and your claims "just asking" questions.

How do you deny evolution? How is that against Christian charity? So when Pope Francis speaks pro evolution he's coming close to throwing Christian charity out the window?

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Good question though and I think they deserve to be asked. I don't know either.

Yes, I think we should ask all the questions. If our faith is true - like, actually mirrors reality - then we have nothing to fear by asking hard questions. It might be that we have to revise some of our assumptions though. 

I don't really have the time to go into it today, but I did some reading recently which pushed me towards the conclusion that there's not a whole lot of evidence for things 'evolving' from one distinct species into another. Evolving and developing within a species, yes, that's pretty well-confirmed at this point 'in 2015'.

KnightofChrist
1 minute ago, Josh said:

How do you deny evolution? How is that against Christian charity? So when Pope Francis speaks pro evolution he's coming close to throwing Christian charity out the window?

Josh asking the question "Do you believe God is Magic" and questioning her intelligence is an insult to her intelligence.

2 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Josh asking the question "Do you believe God is Magic" and questioning her intelligence is an insult to her intelligence.

A lot of Christians believe God is an old Caucasian white haired bearded man way up in the sky. I would venture a ton believe in God this way.

1 hour ago, little2add said:

DO YOU BELIEVE IN A LITERAL BABY JESUS

Yes

Edited by Guest

KnightofChrist
19 minutes ago, Josh said:

A lot of Christians believe God is an old Caucasian white haired bearded man way up in the sky. I would venture a ton believe in God this way.

Well this discussion is no longer fun. Good day.

24 minutes ago, Josh said:

Yes

What are you driving at?

12 minutes ago, Josh said:

What am I driving at? I don't understand the question?

I am assuming your Church Militant status is well founded.  And what you are asking and saying is unbecoming of a Church Militant.  So if you are being serious, I am confused/  Hence, my question.

17 minutes ago, Papist said:

I am assuming your Church Militant status is well founded.  And what you are asking and saying is unbecoming of a Church Militant.  So if you are being serious, I am confused/  Hence, my question.

I'm just asking honest questions. If I can't ask those with a tag that says Church Militant then I'm happy to have it removed. For the record I believe and accept every thing the Church teaches. I believe in Adam and Eve. Although I believe there's some depth to it and it goes deeper then sin and a talking snake. I read a lot of stuff from Christians and Catholics that I whole heartedly disagree with. Especially when they throw science out the window and are ready to burn people at the stake who think intelligence is important and a good thing that shouldn't be cast aside because it appears threatening.

Edited by Guest

dominicansoul
1 hour ago, Josh said:

Don't be ignorant.

This is rich coming from you.  lol. 

1 hour ago, Josh said:

I just asked what people thought. I didn't tell you anything.

I just posted what I thought.  I didn't tell you anything...

2 minutes ago, Josh said:

Especially when they throw science out the window and are ready to burn people at the stake who think intelligence is important and a good thing that shouldn't be ignored because it appears threating.

You say things like this all the time.  It's almost like you're a puppet, just spouting what haters have said about Christianity...

or you live in the Dark Ages and you're posting on Phatmass through a space-time warp of some kind....

2 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

This is rich coming from you.  lol. 

Well you have some of the most ignorant post I've ever read. So I'm in good company.

You're one of the Best Catholics Of All Time. Feel honored.

At least I'm not a puppet who doesn't accept evolution and thinks the earth is 6000 years old