An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sr Mary Ana of the Divine Mercy

Sr Mary Catharine OP

Iggy, add me to your prayer list! Please! I need all the help I can get!

(Perhaps you would like to be penpals when I return to the monastery?)

veritasluxmea
42 minutes ago, TheresaThoma said:

I love her title. And so fitting that she should receive it during the Jubilee year of Mercy

Exactly what I was thinking! 

IgnatiusofLoyola
17 hours ago, marigold said:

Iggy, add me to your prayer list! Please! I need all the help I can get!

(Perhaps you would like to be penpals when I return to the monastery?)

What a lovely offer! Thank-you!

I'll PM you (although not necessarily today--I'm always behind and writing takes me longer than it used to).

But, will you even be allowed to write (or receive) letters except to your immediate family once you have entered, especially while you are in formation? I know that many Communities do not allow writing even to female friends except for perhaps a card/letter at Christmas, and I don't even qualify as a friend (yet). 

However, one thing that is wonderful about every Religious Community I have heard of is that ANYONE can write to the Community itself, and ask for prayers, and the Sisters will pray for that person, even if they are a stranger, whether the person is Catholic or not. What a gift that is for the rest of us!

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

23 hours ago, IgnatiusofLoyola said:

What a lovely offer! Thank-you!

I'll PM you (although not necessarily today--I'm always behind and writing takes me longer than it used to).

But, will you even be allowed to write (or receive) letters except to your immediate family once you have entered, especially while you are in formation? I know that many Communities do not allow writing even to female friends except for perhaps a card/letter at Christmas, and I don't even qualify as a friend (yet). 

However, one thing that is wonderful about every Religious Community I have heard of is that ANYONE can write to the Community itself, and ask for prayers, and the Sisters will pray for that person, even if they are a stranger, whether the person is Catholic or not. What a gift that is for the rest of us!

I know. It's wonderful :love: 

As to letter-writing, what I've understood thus far is that we try not to initiate correspondence, but we always write back when someone writes to us. There may be more nuances to it than that, but I've not been there long enough to find out yet! Don't worry about taking your time - no hurry, and I usually take a few days to get anything done anyway.

Edited by marigold