An Old School Catholic Message Board

Sister Rita to the Rescue - TV - BBC

NovemberFourth

NovemberFourth

Hi Pham

Is anyone else watching Sister Rita to the Rescue? It's currently being aired on the BBC. Sister Rita is a Presentation Sister - with a reputation for being a fierce advocate for the poor. She begs for food and resources for them, is a little feisty and generally wonderful! It's on the BBC just after 9 in the morning GMT.

NovemberFourth

Link to a newspaper story about this. I think it is available on BBC iPlayer. Not sure if that will work for folk outside the UK though. I'm not really the streaming media type so I am a bit clueless about telly on the net outside of youtube. :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/12031668/Meet-the-nun-starring-in-her-own-BBC-One-series-Sister-Rita-to-the-Rescue.html

48 minutes ago, NovemberFourth said:

Link to a newspaper story about this. I think it is available on BBC iPlayer. Not sure if that will work for folk outside the UK though. I'm not really the streaming media type so I am a bit clueless about telly on the net outside of youtube. :(

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/12031668/Meet-the-nun-starring-in-her-own-BBC-One-series-Sister-Rita-to-the-Rescue.html

I have watched part of the first episode but must go to sleep now as have to get up for work! 

Sr Rita sounds like a feisty character, just the kind of advocate these people need. 

4 hours ago, Discernment said:

Isn't she amazing? I love her, she has the best food bank in the uk I bet!!

Welcome, Discernment!