An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ohai from the Other Side

Era Might

So I just drove across 4 states and heard the new Adele song 900 times. I've outlined the sketch for a PhD thesis:

1. Good singer

2. Does she have any songs that aren't jump-off-a-bridge depressing?

3. She says in the song she called this guy 1000 times but he never seems to be home. What is this, 1985? People have cellphones.

4. She asks the guy if he ever left that town where nothing ever seemed to happen, but she says "Hello from the outside" which I assume means she went to his house after he didn't answer her 994th call. Obviously she knows where he lives, and has his phone number, but she doesn't know if he ever left his hometown?

Which brings me to my main thesis...

5. Look lady, you called the guy 1000 times, and your last hit song was also about stalking a guy in France. Take a clue...he's not answering his phone cuz he wants you to stop stalking him.

Edited by Era Might

27 minutes ago, jcorsetti said:

Who's Adele?

The lady who keeps leaving you voicemails. "Just thought you might be home, I'll try back again in a little while."

Edited by Era Might

PhuturePriest
59 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

This is seriously the funniest thing I have seen in a very, very long time.

PhuturePriest
23 minutes ago, Nihil Obstat said:

She is an excellent singer. Rolling in the Deep is my favorite.

I change the station whenever any of her songs are playing because her voice irritates the carp out of me.

Her accidental irritation of people is why I identify with her.

Edited by PhuturePriest

veritasluxmea
6 hours ago, Era Might said:

she says "Hello from the outside"

I thought it was Hello from the other side. At my work we have a joke, whenever an employee leaves our section and goes around the counter to the customer's side we start singing Hello from the other side.... 

14 minutes ago, veritasluxmea said:

I thought it was Hello from the other side. At my work we have a joke, whenever an employee leaves our section and goes around the counter to the customer's side we start singing Hello from the other side.... 

Pretty sure she says both in the song. 

15 hours ago, Era Might said:

The lady who keeps leaving you voicemails. "Just thought you might be home, I'll try back again in a little while."

Oh, my!!! I thought that was @Jaime

dominicansoul
On Thursday, December 10, 2015 1:41:36, Era Might said:

5. Look lady, you called the guy 1000 times, and your last hit song was also about stalking a guy in France. Take a clue...he's not answering his phone cuz he wants you to stop stalking him.

Or he's dead.