An Old School Catholic Message Board

Just for fun: "Can you match these habits with their religious order?"

AveMariaPurissima

6 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

10/10 as well, for the same reason you mentioned. I posted a lot in the habit threads and did lots of research when I had my blog, but the FFI one did have me stumped, I don't remember their habits looking like that so I guessed. I'm not so sure the quiz is right.

Also I had to laugh at the Trappist question, it says Trappist in the credits.

Those sisters aren't FFIs. I'm pretty sure they are a Franciscan community that was founded in the diocese of Lisieux.

46 minutes ago, beatitude said:

Those sisters aren't FFIs. I'm pretty sure they are a Franciscan community that was founded in the diocese of Lisieux.

Are you speaking about the community founded by Mme Patrizi and who is now dissolved ? I thought the same (I did not know it was founded in Lisieux). Same kind of blue. 

5 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Are you speaking about the community founded by Mme Patrizi and who is now dissolved ? I thought the same (I did not know it was founded in Lisieux). Same kind of blue. 

The Lisieux group was an offshoot of the first community she founded, I believe. I don't know about it in any detail, but I saw some of their sisters in England when the relics of St Therese came, and they told me that they had a special devotion to Maximilian Kolbe and were based in Lisieux. I remember being surprised that they were so involved in Therese's spirituality, and yet were Franciscan. Their habits looked just like the ones in that picture.

AveMariaPurissima
14 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

10/10 as well, for the same reason you mentioned. I posted a lot in the habit threads and did lots of research when I had my blog, but the FFI one did have me stumped, I don't remember their habits looking like that so I guessed. I'm not so sure the quiz is right.

That was the one I got wrong.  It surprised me because I thought the Franciscans of the Immaculate had a more blue-ish grey habit.  Like you can see the blue in there, but it's definitely grey. (if that makes sense!)  The picture in the quiz looked more like straight blue to me.  So that puzzled me a little.

9 hours ago, beatitude said:

1 hour ago, AveMariaPurissima said:

That was the one I got wrong.  It surprised me because I thought the Franciscans of the Immaculate had a more blue-ish grey habit.  Like you can see the blue in there, but it's definitely grey. (if that makes sense!)  The picture in the quiz looked more like straight blue to me.  So that puzzled me a little.

What threw me off is that the sister in the photo did not have the Miraculous Medal attached to the capuche, so my next thought was the Sisters Minor, the ones mentioned by beautitude and a Nada, but they were not an option. 

veritasluxmea
12 hours ago, AveMariaPurissima said:

10 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

What threw me off is that the sister in the photo did not have the Miraculous Medal attached to the capuche, so my next thought was the Sisters Minor, the ones mentioned by beautitude and a Nada, but they were not an option. 

Here's the picture again: 

ac4ea0c4-7ad6-4a1b-afa9-b3b659b137a2.jpg

And here's the Franciscans of the Immaculate: 

nuns-01.jpg

FI's don't wear a scapular or something around their neck like the top image. I'm not sure what community the top picture is

2 hours ago, AveMariaPurissima said:

I found the picture here too, but I can't read the Portuguese (I think): http://www.wikiwand.com/pt/Frades_Franciscanos_da_Imaculada

But from what I can tell, it sounds like the FFI's.  The picture shows up here too: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_habit#Nuns

*confused* :idontknow:

I'm 99.933333333333333333% sure the person that uploaded the image on wikipedia and the other place is wrong. 

9 hours ago, Maximilianus said:

I'm 99.933333333333333333% sure the person that uploaded the image on wikipedia and the other place is wrong. 

Or as we learn in college, "if it's on wikipedia, it's wrong"

AveMariaPurissima

Yeah, I wasn't trying to claim that Wikipedia is a reliable source of information! :P It just seemed to be the only other place the picture showed up. ;)