An Old School Catholic Message Board

Is it correct...

NadaTeTurbe

... to write to a VERY cloistered order to asks new for someone you only knew by internet ? I used to exchange PM by internet with a young girl who entered a traditionnal, papal cloister, order. I'm not really sure of her name (I mean, I'm kind of 90% sure it was her name on the forum), but I wonder how she's doing. This order can only be contacted with hand-written letters. Do you think it is okay if I write to them ? 

When you were in touch with her before she entered did you not talk about if it was ok to write after she entered?

btw if you do decide to write do it right away before Lent because their in going and outgoing mail may be limited during Lent.  Even still dont hold your breathe for a fast reply as with those communities it can take a month or more for anyone to get back to you!

I'm super slow to do thing. I would be perfect as a writer in a contemplative community, who answer two or three month after xD

No, we weren't close or anything. It's just that I wasn't living virtuously when we exchanged message, and her testimony really made me think about myself and Christ ("if she's able to live a life that hard for the love of Christ, I can give up my boyfriend for respecting His words"), but I never told her. 

I think there is nothing wrong with writing--perhaps to the prioress or formation director--to see if they would be willing to pass along your message.  If they say no, you are not any worse off than you are now, right? And they might be pleased that their new member had such a good influence on someone else. They might also let you know when it would be acceptable for you to write to your friend.