An Old School Catholic Message Board

Postulant reception in a carmelite monastery (heartwarming video)

NadaTeTurbe

31 minutes ago, Sister Leticia said:

@Mags - not long till it's your turn... :)

EEk, I know! My parents and sisters visited the monastery with me last Saturday to chat with the superior and the sister who will be my "angel" and reassure them that they were OK!! It seemed to have worked as they thought that the nuns were "very friendly and normal"!

I have quite a bit to do in terms of getting rid of stuff, but a friend is coming later in the week to give some help - yay! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have been given the arrival time and told what will happen, which is slightly different to the video above. It's very real now. :)

Also the friend mentioned above said that a friend of her entered Quidenham Carmel recently.

veritasluxmea

Did anyone read the letter about the sister who had passed away recently at a young age from cancer? They had it on their homepage, beautiful! 

Sister Leticia
37 minutes ago, Mags said:

EEk, I know! My parents and sisters visited the monastery with me last Saturday to chat with the superior and the sister who will be my "angel" and reassure them that they were OK!! It seemed to have worked as they thought that the nuns were "very friendly and normal"!

I have quite a bit to do in terms of getting rid of stuff, but a friend is coming later in the week to give some help - yay! I'm excited and nervous at the same time. I have been given the arrival time and told what will happen, which is slightly different to the video above. It's very real now. :)

Also the friend mentioned above said that a friend of her entered Quidenham Carmel recently.

I've seen photos on NH Carmel's website of previous entrances, and yes, it looked a little bit different. But whatever happens for you will be meaningful, wonderful and graced for you.

I recall there was a Phatmasser who entered at Quidenham last year - maybe this was your friend's friend? I also know (though not very well, we only met a couple of times) someone who has been a novice there for almost a year.

(Speaking of which - how many others are there in formation at NH?)

Edited by Sister Leticia

50 minutes ago, Sister Leticia said:

I've seen photos on NH Carmel's website of previous entrances, and yes, it looked a little bit different. But whatever happens for you will be meaningful, wonderful and graced for you.

I recall there was a Phatmasser who entered at Quidenham last year - maybe this was your friend's friend? I also know (though not very well, we only met a couple of times) someone who has been a novice there for almost a year.

(Speaking of which - how many others are there in formation at NH?)

I don't know the name of my friend's friend unfortunately so I can't say if it is the same person.

At NH there are two others, one is in first vows, the other is a novice. I found out on Saturday that there is a woman coming at the beginning of February for a month live-in. 

11 hours ago, veritasluxmea said:

Did anyone read the letter about the sister who had passed away recently at a young age from cancer? They had it on their homepage, beautiful! 

"She also had a bearded dragon lizard, whom she named “Mitty.” "

http://media.wix.com/ugd/a1d4f1_92e690de2f3ddf150e3b347148ea484e.pdf

I'm picturing a carmelite nun living her everyday life followed everywhere by a bearded dragon lizard... 

I live close to this Monastery. Congratulations to the new postulant!!! Sister Christine of Mary was my friend for many years and a true Carmelite. I still feel her loss (those who can't imagine remaining "connected" to people in the outside world - believe me, it's easier than you think!). Those of you looking into Carmelite life, I doubt you could find a better community or a more loving, welcoming one - especially one that has retained the full habit and traditions. It surprises me they put out a video! Unusual, but I am glad for it was tastefully done and gives just enough of a glimpse to see them and how solid they are. Beautiful! I rejoice with me! Please pray for all those who continue grieve the loss of Sr. Christine (large family, many friends) and don't be shy about asking for her intercession! ❤️ Rose