An Old School Catholic Message Board

Marbury Dominicans - Postulant Becomes Novice

Luigi

The Dominican Nuns joyfully announce the vestition of their postulant, Sister Chelsea, on January 25, the feast of the Conversion of St. Paul. In a simple ceremony marking the beginning of her canonical novitiate, Sister Chelsea received the holy habit of the Dominican Order, and her new religious name:

Dominican Novice

Sister Mary Rose of the Pure Heart, O.P.

(The “Rose” in her name is for Our Lady, Mystical Rose.)

Please keep Sister Mary Rose in your prayers as she sets out on this new stage of her Dominican vocation, that she may fulfill the words from the ceremony’s concluding prayer: “May you apply yourself assiduously to following our Holy Father St. Dominic so that you may be ready for the day of your espousals to Jesus Christ.”

Further Reading:

Posted in Vocation News, Vocations | Tagged Vestition

In looking at the grace revealed in this photo of a new Novice, it is impossible not to be captured by the abject beauty of her habit! It seems silly to have that thought, as I find it almost "materialistic," but there it is. I love this Community for a variety of reasons, and I rejoice with them as they welcome Sister Mary Rose! May she persevere in her vocation and find great happiness as a Daughter of St. Dominican!!! What a wonderful photo - thank you for sharing it! 

Rose

I think seven. When I first started following them, there were seven. Sister Mary Jordan joined, then one died. Still seven. Then another person joined - I forget her name, but I think she's in first vows now - and one of the other sisters died. Still seven. Then Sister Mary Rose joined, but Sister Mary of the Rosary died last August, so I think they're still at seven. But the average has come down in the last ten years!

But I've been wrong about bigger things that that!

Edited by Luigi