An Old School Catholic Message Board

What Made You Smile Today?

Not A Real Name

Not A Real Name
1 hour ago, Gabriela said:

I don't think you're supposed to lose that much in one day. It could be unhealthy.

For me it would be the greatest blessing.

What made me smile today was being able to hangout with both of my brothers, before one ships off to Afghanistan.

Spem in alium

At lunch, one of my sisters started peeling some apples and pears and giving them to another sister to eat. This other sister has serious vision and mobility issues, so she needs extensive help, and has recently moved to live in our convent which is more accessible. They are often just sitting or talking together. These two sisters are very friendly (they have a lot of experiences working together years ago) and I can tell they make each other really happy. This made me smile today.

Next week, I'm meeting with the Little Sisters of Jesus and two other girls. They are attracted to the Little Sisters spirituality like me. :) 

I read an article that totally supports my dissertation argument, which means I can actually do this topic, cuz I'm not crazy, cuz someone else has thought of it before, and I can cite them.

BOO YA.

21 hours ago, AveMariaPurissima said:

The weather was nice enough today that I was able to go for a walk!! :) 

Like you ! It was 66°F (19°C), so we went on a walk with my parents. We saw many birds.

Spem in alium
9 hours ago, NadaTeTurbe said:

Like you ! It was 66°F (19°C), so we went on a walk with my parents. We saw many birds.

Best kind of weather, in my book. :) 

Spending much of the day with my pre-novitiate mistress (cooking, washing, and just talking). I am so grateful to be under her guidance. God has really blessed me with her!

Spem in alium

Conversation this morning:

Superior: Sister A, do you have any words of wisdom for the day?
Sr A: I won't be home for lunch.
Sr B: That's wisdom.

:smile3:

AveMariaPurissima

1.  Talking on the phone with the vocations director of the community I'm discerning with.  That's always a reason to smile, and today even more so because our conversation really helped relieve the anxiety I had been feeling. :heart: 

2.  Found out I got a 100% on my science test! :)

Mom received for christmas a cooking book written by a big school of cooking, Ferrandi. I tried a recipe. Took me three hours to do, but it was soooo good.