An Old School Catholic Message Board

RIP Justice Scalia

HopefulHeart

what a amazing likeness Fr. Paul Scalia has to his biological father.  

if Obama was really as smart as he acts , he should nominate  Fr. Paul Scalia as the next supreme court judge   

can you imagine, the how wonderful that would be!  not that it would ever happen...

8 hours ago, little2add said:

if Obama was really as smart as he acts , he should nominate  Fr. Paul Scalia as the next supreme court judge   

can you imagine, the how wonderful that would be!  not that it would ever happen...

Well, for one thing, it's impossible canonically. The Church has already vetoed that one. http://canonlawmadeeasy.com/2012/09/20/can-priests-hold-public-office-2/

Is a judge really political,  from a philosophical point of view ?

i know it couldn't happen in a million years .  Besides, It makes to much sense.

14 minutes ago, little2add said:

Is a judge really political,  from a philosophical point of view ?

i know it couldn't happen in a million years .  Besides, It makes to much sense.

It is a civil position, and thus falls under the ban of can. 285.3. 

24 minutes ago, little2add said:

What if the pope signed off on it

Well, I'm not a canon lawyer, but the Pope is the Supreme legislator, thus I suppose in theory he could. However, I highly doubt he would, unless Fr. Scalia was nominated. It's a given that Fr. Scalia won't be nominated, not even if the next president appoints Scalia's replacement. He's not a constitutional scholar, and he's not a lawyer. 

On 2/13/2016, 11:38:46, Nihil Obstat said:

The king's faithful servant, but God's first.

You misspelled 'Bush's"

On 2/18/2016, 3:15:12, KnightofChrist said:

They would not have refused the President of the United States. Just as they did not refuse the VP. I really hope he doesn't go golfing instead.

You're right. He should have disrespected their wishes and forced himself in. I'm sure a grieving family would love it for that guy their patriarch clearly disliked to put into their private mourning and pull the center of gravity of the event to himself. Brilliant.

On 2/20/2016, 12:04:39, little2add said:

In what sense would it be smart for Obama to nominate someone is in no way qualified for the position and would disagree with him on the major issues that would come before the court?

On 2/19/2016, 4:27:43, Peace said:

And there I had thought that this thread would be about Justice Scalia. 

Obama !

Anyway, I'll miss the old windbag. He always wrote fun opinions. Would usually shine an interesting light on things. Too bad god chose to off one of the few right wingers with anything to say that's worth listening to. 

Scalia and Hayek ftw

Edited by Hasan

Obama Gets Rained on During Golf During Scalia’s Funeral

Once again he demonstrates that he has absolutely no class and a distain for the social graces and duties involved in being a head of state.

16 hours ago, little2add said:

If it was possible,  Wouldn't he make a terrific choice ?

see the last sentence of my previous post. No, he wouldn't. I think he'd agree with me in saying that. 

54 minutes ago, Amppax said:

see the last sentence of my previous post. No, he wouldn't. I think he'd agree with me in saying that. 

how about Judge Judy?

5 hours ago, little2add said:

Obama Gets Rained on During Golf During Scalia’s Funeral

Once again he demonstrates that he has absolutely no class and a distain for the social graces and duties involved in being a head of state.

Pretty much everybody who golfs is doing so while a funeral is going on somewhere

Anyway, false

http://www.snopes.com/obama-snubs-scalias-funeral/

Edited by Hasan

The more time that passes, the more and more convinced I am that little2add is a really good troll, after the likes of the relatively well-known KenM.

QpSJ5Og.png

tumblr_m4ylvobbwa1qil3kvo1_1280.png

B4VVsTH.png

SXu7mfg.jpg

it was disrespectful.

Obama stayed home Saturday as mourners paid their respects at Washington’s Basilica of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception. He dispatched Vice President Joe Biden instead to honor Scalia, who served on the court for 30 years until his sudden death last weekend while on a hunting trip in Texas.

“Italian-Americans take paying respects at funerals very seriously,” said Philip Foglia, vice president of the Italian-American Museum. “Justice Scalia was a milestone for the community. The president’s absence was disappointing and ill-advised.”

20080226_mda_bw2_0021.jpg?quality=100&st Supreme Court Justice Antonin ScaliaPhoto: Zumapress